Agile Six Applications
Agile Six is a people-first, remote-work company that serves shoulder-to-shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions. We build better by putting people first. We are animated by our core values of Purpose, Wholeness, Trust, Self-Management and Inclusion. We deliver our solutions in autonomous teams of self-managed professionals (no managers here!) who genuinely care about each other and the work. We know that’s our company’s purpose – and that we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where talented people feel valued, self-managed, and love to come to work.
Agile Six is searching for a Data Analyst to join a team partnering with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The successful candidate will bring their experience in data analysis to improve business insights, solve a variety of problems, and identify areas where additional data gathering and analysis would be helpful. Specific tasks include leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to construct information dashboards, integrating and analyzing data, building and using reports to answer questions, and creating and using tags to identify and group data elements. Our team is collaborative, dynamic, and ever-evolving. We are looking for someone who is a competent analyst no matter the tools or tech stack. Proficiency with ETL work is also required.
As part of the Quality Payment Program Human-Centered Design Performance team, you will assist with a migration from Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to Adobe Analytics. Our team helps CMS inform both policy and product decisions by providing insights into user needs. Although the migration from Google to Adobe is already underway, there is likely additional room in this role to test and implement other reporting/data analytics products if the project needs merit another solution.
This role will primarily be composed of ad hoc analysis rather than building straightforward dashboards. We are looking for someone curious, self-sufficient, and comfortable solving complex problems with little to no guidance. If you delight in finding solutions to problems where information and context may be lacking or sparse, this role is for you.
- Contribute as a member of a cross functional team using your expertise in data analytics, critical thinking skills, and collaborative mindset to solve problems related to the project
- Reconfigure existing dashboards as part of a migration from Google Analytics to Adobe Analytics
- Create complex dashboards and analysis from scratch based on ad hoc user requests and needs
- This responsibility includes integrating multiple qualitative data sources such as: ServiceNow helpdesk tickets, survey results from Qualtrics and Hotjar, heatmaps, and email distribution sign ups
- Extract, transform, and load data from various sources for reporting and/or dashboarding purposes
- Organize and manage analytics tagging:
- A lift and shift our current tags as we move from Google to Adobe
- Address known gaps in our current tagging process
- Improve our overall tagging process by implementing custom tags as needed
- Perform regular site analysis, including data analysis on page views or data downloads
- Identify opportunities to leverage data to solve programmatic needs and problems for the team
- We expect the responsibilities of this position to shift and grow organically over time, in response to considerations such as the unique strengths and interests of the selected candidate, other team members, and an evolving understanding of the delivery environment. Know that you will not be solely responsible for the areas above, but rather working as part of a cross-functional team equipped with the knowledge and authority to contribute across the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytics experience (dashboarding, reporting, and data analysis)
- Ability to weigh the pros and cons of a particular set of analytics tools and confidently select the best solution for the problem
- Solution-oriented mindset and proactive approach to solving complex problems
- Experience working with large quantities of data and answering complex analytics questions using at least one of the following tools: R, Python, SQL, and/or Excel
- Demonstrated extract, transform, load (ETL) experience
- Experience working with both semi-structured and unstructured data and with data manipulation and cleaning
- Hands-on experience with analytics tagging and website analysis
- Hands-on experience with Adobe Analytics or a similar web analytics/business intelligence analytics platform
- Ability to apply strong analysis practices across a wide variety of reporting, dashboarding, and analytics platforms
- Ability to work independently on high complexity tasks
- Experience working on an Agile team and demonstrating an Agile mindset
- Have lived and worked in the United States for 3 out of the last 5 years
Additional desired qualifications
- Experience with statistical analysis and R, Python, SAS, or a similar language
- Additional holistic experience with data, including data architecture, data modeling, and standardization
- Experience with SQL (complex joins, window functions, common table expressions)
- Experience with Excel (especially with pivot tables and vlookups)
- Demonstrated experience with Telium
- Familiarity with the US Web Design System
- Experience working with government agencies
- You are a U.S. Veteran
Salary and Sixer Benefits
To promote equal pay for equal work, we publish salary ranges for each position.
The salary for this position is $117,000 - $123,000
Our benefits are designed to reinforce our core values of Wholeness, Self Management and Inclusion. The following benefits are available to all employees. We respect that only you know what balance means for your life and season. While we offer support from coaches, we expect you to own your wholeness, show up for work whole, and go home to your family the same. You will be seen, heard and valued. We expect you to offer the same for your colleagues, be kind (not controlling), be caring (not directive) and ready to participate in a state of flow. We mean it when we say “We build better by putting people first”.
All Sixers Enjoy:
- Self-managed work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive and equitable salary (equal pay for equal work)
- Tenure-based profit sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) for all employees!
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Self-managed and generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Election day off
- Paid parental leave
- Self-managed professional development spending
- Self-managed wellness days
Agile Six Applications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Please read and respond to the application questions carefully. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
Something looks off?