Senior Product Owner/Manager
Agile Six Applications
Agile Six is a people-first, remote-work company that serves shoulder-to-shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions. We build better by putting people first. We are animated by our core values of Purpose, Wholeness, Trust, Self-Management and Inclusion. We deliver our solutions in autonomous teams of self-managed professionals (no managers here!) who genuinely care about each other and the work. We know that’s our company’s purpose – and that we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where people feel valued, self-managed, and love to come to work.
Agile Six is looking for Agile Product Owners for open and anticipated roles on cross-functional agile teams supporting our collaborations with federal agencies including the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and others. As a Product Owner, you are passionate about eliciting, shaping, and communicating a digital product vision, and understand that great products are built collaboratively to fulfill the needs of both end users and client stakeholders. You are an intrinsically driven leader, an eloquent storyteller, a relationship builder, and know how to set, monitor, and measure progress towards product goals using Agile tools and methodologies. You take initiative to understand the evolving stakeholder landscape, and are flexible to adapt to the needs of your client and team. Most importantly, you have a passion for working on important problems that have a lasting impact on millions of users and make a difference in our government!
- Collaborate closely with a newly formed project team to establish and maintain team practices
- Develop an expert understanding of business and user needs and champion these in the definition of the product
- Define, explain, and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, team, and stakeholders, and develop a high-level product roadmap and other deliverables as necessary (objectives, KPIs, key results, etc.) to support fulfillment of the vision
- Create and maintain a prioritized product backlog: write and prioritize themes, epics, features and stories; write clear, actionable acceptance criteria; and lead refinement sessions with team
- Actively participate in sprint planning ceremonies, and be available to team members throughout each sprint to answer questions about the priority, intent and acceptance criteria pertaining to user stories
- Establish a healthy, trust-based rapport and effective communication with government product owners and other stakeholders
- Actively and collaboratively manage risk related to product vision and features, changes in scope or direction, and expectations around delivery timelines
- Ensure that product backlogs, roadmaps, and other guidance around product definition are informed by feedback loops around user needs (i.e. foundational user research, usability testing, etc.) as well as overall product strategy and vision
- Support the practice of product ownership within the larger company as needed through activities such as:
- Assisting in outreach, recruitment, and hiring efforts
- Occasionally participating in or otherwise supporting business development efforts, including code or design challenges, writing or reviewing proposal responses, etc.
- Participating in communities of practice
- We expect the responsibilities of this position to shift and grow organically over time, in response to considerations such as the unique strengths and interests of the selected candidate and other team members and an evolving understanding of the delivery environment.
- 5+ years working in a Product Owner or related role with responsibilities listed above
- Proven track record of launching products from conception to production, and managing clients and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical competency to communicate a detailed roadmap
- In-depth knowledge and application of Agile principles and practices
- Has lived and worked in the United States for 3 of the last 5 years
Additional preferred qualifications
- U.S. Veteran
- Experience in healthcare
- Experience working with digital services and/or Civic Tech
Salary and Sixer Benefits
To promote equal pay for equal work, we publish salary ranges for each position.
The salary for this position is $140,272 - $147,466
Our benefits are designed to reinforce our core values of Wholeness, Self Management and Inclusion. The following benefits are available to all employees. We respect that only you know what balance means for your life and season. While we offer support from coaches, we expect you to own your wholeness, show up for work whole, and go home to your family the same. You will be seen, heard and valued. We expect you to offer the same for your colleagues, be kind (not controlling), be caring (not directive) and ready to participate in a state of flow. We mean it when we say “We build better by putting people first”.
All Sixers Enjoy:
- Self-managed work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive and equitable salary (equal pay for equal work)
- Tenure-based profit sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) for all employees!
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Self-managed and generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Election day off
- Paid parental leave
- Self-managed professional development spending
- Self-managed wellness days
Agile Six Applications, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Note: We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
Please read and respond to the application questions carefully. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.