Associate Director, Digital Strategy
We're not actively hiring for this position right now, but we welcome your application and will consider you for future openings.
We are looking to hire someone to become our next Associate Director at Aisle 518. This position will include serving as the client lead for a couple of accounts, managing members of the digital strategy team, and supporting the team as a whole.
You are someone who is eager to lead a team and serve as a mentor to others while still managing your own client work. You've led large digital programs before with a focus on fundraising, acquisition, and mobilization. And you've proven your ability to effectively manage staff and are committed to setting others up for success.
- Lead digital program strategy, execution, and optimization serving as the client lead for a couple of accounts of your own, articulating your vision for the digital program in full, producing the results, and keeping the client updated on our progress.
- Lead in experimentation with new platforms, tactics, and strategies.
- Create reports, verify for accuracy, and provide analysis on campaigns to Aisle 518 leadership and clients.
- Work with the VP and Directors to build the training and professional development program for the team, onboard new members of the team, and train new and existing staff.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and colleagues to drive results and anticipate client needs ahead of key moments.
- Mentor and train staff on digital fundraising strategies, tactics, and processes as needed.
- Help identify new business opportunities and work with leadership to develop them.
- Contribute to ensuring that various teams within the company collaborate effectively with clients and each other, including by working with other senior leadership team members.
- Responsible for the performance management of direct reports – ensure high quality of work, conduct performance reviews, and help work through any issues or challenges.
- Review drafts, projections, reports, and other deliverables from your direct reports before they are sent to the client.
- Work with the advertising team to lead the strategic development and implementation of large-scale direct response marketing campaigns.
- Calendar and run email and texting programs designed to mobilize supporters, often with an emphasis on small-dollar, online fundraising programs. You will write the majority of the content, but you will have production support in this role.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary, particularly around the election, fundraising deadlines and during big moments for your clients.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three years of experience working in digital fundraising, either at a firm, on a campaign, or within an organization.
- You've run large-scale email and SMS programs and are familiar with all parts of the process, from calendaring and writing to production and analyzing results.
- A proven ability to effectively manage staff while fostering the growth of the people you manage.
- Experience with ActionKit and/or NGP strongly preferred
- You've been a part of leading large online acquisition programs. You know when to scale spend and are comfortable discussing advertising results with clients.
- You understand email deliverability and know how to responsibly manage list growth and re-engagement efforts
- You are very organized with excellent project management skills.
- Experience running social media campaigns is a plus
- Experience managing integrations between digital and field is also a plus
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $98,000 to $110,000
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.