We're not actively hiring for this position right now, but we welcome your application and will consider you for future openings.
Aisle 518 seeking a Fundraising Data Analyst to join the campaign’s fundraising team. This position reports directly to the CEO.
We are looking for someone who can fulfill three primary roles:
- Work with teams across the fundraising and advertising departments to develop, implement and report out on short and long-term tests designed to lift up results across all of our programs.
- Analyze data and create reports that help us learn from past results across all of our clients. Some reports will be firm-facing reports only, and some will go to clients.
- Create SQL queries that optimize the speed and performance of our primary CRMs.
We work with clients of all sizes — some for more than a decade now. So expect a robust testing environment with large datasets. Testing, math and optimization is also foundational to the work we do, and you’ll help take it to the next level. So when our campaigns level-up on their fundraising and win their races because of that advantage, it’ll be you who helped make that difference.
- Working directly with our fundraising and advertising team to provide ongoing analysis and insights into our fundraising programs
- Translating incredible amounts of data into beautiful spreadsheets, dashboards, and visualizations
- Managing the testing and optimization analysis, reporting, and planning processes to help our team learn what works, what doesn’t, and how to establish current best practices.
- Working with consumer data, voter files, FEC data, and our internal data sources to find trends, spot patterns, and highlight opportunities for our digital communications.
- Managing data quality — work across our team and campaigns to make sure we have the best, cleanest, and most up-to-date fundraising information about our supporters.
- Thinking of and working on solutions to make our emails, texts, ads, and website the most compelling they can be to inspire people to give, give again, and give larger donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A deep desire to find ways to optimize for every penny of a fundraising program.
- A deep respect for grassroots supporters and an idea of what motivates them to donate — we want to inspire more people to donate more money, not to con them.
- Expert command of SQL
- Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, ActBlue, Shopify
- Familiarity with CRM such as ActionKit, Action Network, or NGP
- Mastery of statistical significance, sample sizes, Chi Squared tests, t-tests, and more statistical analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that may include long hours, nights, and weekends.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in data analysis
- Analysis of FEC data
- Working in a data analysis capacity in left, progressive, or Democratic politics
- Working in Python or a similar language
- Constructing and tuning machine learning models
- Modeling retention and churn
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: $62,000 to $75,000 per year (depending on experience)
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
Aisle 518 Strategies is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.