Director, Digital Advertising
We're not actively hiring for this position right now, but we welcome your application and will consider you for future openings.
We are looking to hire someone to become our next Director, Digital Advertising at Aisle 518. This position will include serving as the client lead for a couple of accounts, managing members of the digital strategy team, and supporting the team as a whole.
You are someone who is eager to lead a team and serve as a mentor to others while still managing your own client work. You've led large digital advertising programs before with a focus on fundraising, acquisition, persuasion, and mobilization. And you've proven your ability to effectively manage staff and are committed to setting others up for success.
- Lead digital ad campaign strategy, execution, and optimization across multiple statewide and/or national advertising campaigns, focusing on: creative approach, audience development, placements, a/b tests, platforms, and thresholds for success.
- Create reports, verify for accuracy, and provide analysis on campaigns to Aisle 518 leadership and clients
- Lead in experimentation with new platforms, tactics, and strategies across your accounts and the ads team.
- Relentlessly identify opportunities for online advertising to achieve client outcomes, and ensure the integration of digital advertising into other political/organizational departments such as email & SMS marketing, tv, organizing, comms, etc.
- Drive collaboration among internal teams and colleagues to ensure results across channels and to anticipate client needs, including ahead of key moments.
- Work with senior leadership to update and implement account staffing plans, manage team capacity, and delineate staff roles.
- Work with senior leadership to manage hiring processes.
- Manage multiple direct reports (possibly including managers of junior staff) and ensure high quality of work, set performance goals, conduct performance reviews, and help work through any issues or challenges.
- Review and provide feedback on deliverables of junior staff as needed, including projections, copy, reporting docs, client communications, etc.
- Help identify new business opportunities and work with leadership to develop them.
- Establish and ensure the absolute highest quality work and client satisfaction within the team by helping build internal QA, optimization, and reporting processes.
- Supports senior leadership in financial management, including through the implementation of financial tracking systems.
- Supports ads team in the training of all new ads hires from associates to senior digital strategists.
- Work closely with senior leadership to drive the strategic media vision and direction for the agency and our clients.
- Contributes to ensuring that various teams within the company are collaborating effectively with clients and each other, including by working with other members of the senior leadership team.
- Other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least four years of experience working in digital fundraising, either at a firm, on a campaign, or within an organization.
- You've run large-scale direct response, persuasion, and mobilization programs and are familiar with all parts of the process including but not limited to media planning, trafficking, optimizing, reporting, writing, client management solutions, etc.
- A proven ability to effectively manage & foster growth among multiple staff simultaneously. Experience managing managers is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing teamwide trainings and processes.
- Comfort taking the lead on strategic planning and delegation.
- Experience with ActionKit and/or NGP strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients about digital strategy beyond just advertising - being a jack of all trades.
- Collaborative and willing and able to pitch in however is needed on any campaign at any given moment.
- You are very organized with excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary, particularly around the election, fundraising deadlines and during big moments for your clients.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $112,000 to $125,000 (depending on experience)
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.