Front-End Development Director
We're not actively hiring for this position right now, but we welcome your application and will consider you for future openings.
Aisle 518 Strategies is looking for a Front-End Development Director to join our team. This position reports directly to the CEO.
We’re looking for someone who can work across all of our teams to develop the tools and templates that will drive results for our candidates. What that means in practice is that your work will help us test cool things that drives more small-dollar fundraising, more signups, and more mobilization. You’ll also, from time-to-time build beautiful websites on WordPress for our clients that help tell the story of their work and encourage participation.
- Develop tools and templates on the platforms we use the most: Action Kit, Every Action, and ActBlue.
- Develop websites on WordPress and work directly with clients as part of an exploration process and to help answer technical questions.
- Help integrate third-party tools and APIs on the platforms that we use.
- Document your work so strategists can easily implement it throughout the firm.
- Manage updates to previously completed work as platforms change and evolve.
- Manage a team of front-end developers as we expand out this portion of the firm’s work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in web development
- Experience with the platforms frequently used in Democratic Party politics: Action Kit, EveryAction, Action Network, ActBlue and more.
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor and JS library or framework
- Up to date knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and in a team environment
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: $98,000 to $115,000 per year (depending on experience)
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
Aisle 518 Strategies is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.