Senior Digital Strategist
We're not actively hiring for this position right now, but we welcome your application and will consider you for future openings.
We’re looking to hire someone to lead and implement the digital strategy for some of our largest clients: think top-tier Senate and gubernatorial campaigns, along with large organizations doing the kind of work that makes you eager to get started in the morning.
You’re going to lead the work at all stages of the operation and enjoy the credit. The ideal candidate will have run large digital operations previously, raised a lot of money, led big and exciting acquisition campaigns and more. Because of the size of the efforts you’ll be leading, you’ll likely work with two or three clients — and it is our pledge to make sure we’re working together to connect you with ones you want. Expect to manage staff in this role.
- You are the client lead – that means articulating your vision for the digital program in full, producing the results, and keeping the client updated on our progress. You will get regular support given the nature of these clients, but this is your show. You are expected to be able to lead the work independently.
- Work with the digital advertising team on the strategic development and implementation of large-scale direct response marketing campaigns.
- Calendar and run email and SMS programs designed to mobilize supporters, often with an emphasis on small-dollar, online fundraising. You will write the majority of the content, but you will have production support in this role.
- Create fundraising projections for your clients and maintain regular reporting to track progress to goals
- Monitor email deliverability and ensure proper list hygiene practices
- In this role, you’ll be expected to manage staff and with that comes the expectation that you are going to help mentor and train them to do the work you already know how to do very well.
- Some business development, especially if it’s going to be one of your clients.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when necessary, particularly around the election, fundraising deadlines and during big moments for your clients
- Other duties as necessary.
- You’ve run large-scale email programs and probably have a couple of million dollars raised under your belt. You know how to calendar, write, plan and execute tests, and do some production in a pinch.
- Experience with ActionKit and/or NGP strongly preferred.
- Experience with broadcast or peer-to-peer texting programs with an emphasis on fundraising
- Experience leading large-scale direct response advertising programs that spend a lot of
money. Your instinct is to push to spend at scale when opportunities present themselves.
- Paid, digital persuasion campaign fluency is a bonus, but literacy is fine.
- Experience running social media campaigns is a plus
- Experience managing integrations between digital and field is also a plus
- Previous experience as a client lead, whether that’s as an in-house digital director
reporting to superiors on a campaign or within an organization or a firm.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $78,000 to $95,000/yr (depending on experience)
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
Aisle 518 Strategies is based in Washington, D.C., but this role is open to remote candidates across the United States.
Aisle 518 Strategies is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.