National Data Specialist
- Washington, DC, USA
- 52500-55000 per year
- Full Time
America Votes works with over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every American's right to vote.
Since 2003, America Votes has been the common link between many of the largest and most influential issue and membership organizations in the country, serving as the coordination hub of the progressive community. America Votes' work has brought together a wide range of causes and built a unified coalition that has transformed how the progressive community works. Together, they have engaged communities across the country to take action on critical issues - from fighting for working families, to advancing women's healthcare, to protecting the environment, and more - and mobilized millions of voters to turn out on Election Day.
America Votes works year-round nationally and in more than 20 key states, acting as a permanent campaign to continually advance progressive causes, modernize elections and win elections. America Votes provides a range of services to partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states.
America Votes also works to improve election systems and fight back against efforts to suppress voters, taking the lead throughout their state network to coordinate and execute advocacy campaigns with allies to reform elections and modernize the voting process.
America Votes is committed to developing long-term roadmaps and setting critical goals for states.. With an eye on redistricting and the consequences of extreme conservative gerrymanders, these efforts are essential to building progressive power in the states, session-by-session and election-by-election.
America Votes and their partner organizations are at the heart of the progressive movement's effort to advance policies and win elections. In 2020, the America Votes coalition deployed their largest-ever voter engagement and mobilization effort to millions of voters. In 2021-2022, the coalition will be on the ground educating and mobilizing voters
Racial Equity Statement
As a leader of collaborative efforts to mobilize voters, protect voting rights, and win elections, America Votes is committed to advancing racial equity within our organization and across our coalition. We acknowledge the systematic racism that permeates all facets of our society, beginning with the foundational right to vote. America Votes is also engaging with an understanding of the ways gender, sexuality and other forms of oppression intersect with race and how those relationships impact inequities faced by our staff, our partners, and the communities that we engage in our work. America Votes strives to model our commitment to racial equity through our internal and external operations, programs, and partnerships. We acknowledge the inequitable structures that continue to exist and are moving forward with a sustained commitment in time, resources and people to challenge structural racism and work towards creating a reflective organization and democracy.
The data specialist supports America Votes partners by administering the America Votes VAN, its 50-state (plus-DC) voter database. In this role, you will make sure partners have the tools they need to contact millions of voters in 2023, 2024, and beyond. This position is ideal for someone who has VAN experience, a passion for helping others do their best work, and wants a career in progressive data. Training will be provided.
This is a permanent, full-time bargaining unit position that reports to the Data Support Director.
The location for this position is flexible. Some travel and reasonable access to an airport is required. America Votes has offices located in DC and CO, FL, GA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, PA, and WI. America Votes is currently working remotely; however if you are based in a state with an America Votes office, a hybrid approach may be possible at this time, depending on local guidance.
- Respond to partner support requests on VAN and make sure all requests receive a timely response.
- Build relationships with state data managers and national data staff to craft workflows to ensure that partner programs are using the best available time-sensitive data
- Provide technical assistance with the use of VAN and other tools, including handling partner data requests, uploading data, setting up predictive dialer phone banks, setting up texting campaigns, etc.
- Create and update documentation and training materials for a variety of audiences, including America Votes staff and state and national partners.
- Advocate partner and state staff needs in vendor meetings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of VAN from a user perspective.
- Sense of curiosity and interest in voter data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a professional approach to communicating with partners, team members, and vendors.
- A creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving and commitment to progressive values.
- Ability to thrive on change as tools, products, and programs evolve.
- Strong interest in a career in progressive data.
- Customer service experience.
- Previous experience in training others.
- Previous experience working on a campaign.
- There is no education requirement for this position. Candidates from a range of educational and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
The salary for this position will be between $52,500 - $55,000 and depends upon the applicant's experience. America Votes offers a competitive benefits package covering 90% of employee medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums, life insurance, long term disability coverage, cell phone stipend, personal professional development funds, parental leave, and 401 (K) after six months of continuous service with the organization. America Votes provides a generous paid time off policy with paid vacation, paid sick leave and personal days, at least 10 Federal paid holidays including Juneteenth, as well as paid organizational time off from at least December 25 to January 1. The position is represented by the America Votes Workers Union.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. America Votes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law. People of color, LGBTQ candidates, individuals with disabilities, and neurodivergent individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page
Something looks off?