Executive Office Coordinator
- Washington, DC, USA
- 55000-60000 per year
- Full Time
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community, leading collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections and protect every American's right to vote. America Votes works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit www.americavotes.org.
America Votes is committed to developing long-term roadmaps and setting critical goals for states. With an eye on redistricting and the consequences of extreme conservative gerrymanders, these efforts are essential to building progressive power in the states, session-by-session and election-by-election.
Racial Equity Statement
As a leader of collaborative efforts to mobilize voters, protect voting rights, and win elections, America Votes is committed to advancing racial equity within our organization and across our coalition. We acknowledge the systematic racism that permeates all facets of our society, beginning with the foundational right to vote. America Votes is also engaging with an understanding of the ways gender, sexuality and other forms of oppression intersect with race and how those relationships impact inequities faced by our staff, our partners, and the communities that we engage in our work. America Votes strives to model our commitment to racial equity through our internal and external operations, programs, and partnerships. We acknowledge the inequitable structures that continue to exist and are moving forward with a sustained commitment in time, resources and people to challenge structural racism and work towards creating a reflective organization and democracy.
America Votes is seeking a National Program & Scheduling Coordinator to help guide strategic scheduling, meeting and presentation preparation and dedicated project support for the executive office. This position will also be charged with scheduling, administrative and communications support for America Votes' Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other advisory bodies. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage calendar and scheduling responsibilities for the executive office, both day-to-day and long-term.
- Provide dedicated project and administrative support and help manage internal communications between the executive office, other America Votes departments, and the organization as needed.
- Track progress to goals for the executive team by developing deadlines and systems to help evaluate and manage the successful completion of departmental goals.
- Maintain calendar, scheduling and other meeting preparation responsibilities for America Votes Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other advisory bodies.
- Manage meeting and travel logistics, including accommodations and airfare as well as meeting confirmations, reservations, and background materials.
- Support the creation and editing of presentations, memos and other materials, as needed, for the executive office.
- Demonstrated logistics and/or calendar management experience.
- Extremely detail and deadline-oriented.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Top-notch organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage up and maintain an effective channel of communication when input is needed.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Standout candidates will have the ability to anticipate needs and make key decisions to help achieve the goals of the executive office.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities, preferably in political or organizing settings.
- Knowledge of and strong commitment to progressive issues and causes preferred.
- Can-do attitude and a sense of humor.
Salary is commensurate with experience, $55,100 - $60,000. Benefits for this position include health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick days, and parental leave, as well as 401(K) after six months of continuous service with the organization. This position is not union eligible.
Please submit a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to the application form.
If you experience any technical difficulties with our application form, please email email@example.com. Please note that only applications received through the application form will be considered; please do not email us your application materials.
America Votes is an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. America Votes does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under local, state or federal law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Share This Page