Senior Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Anne Lewis Strategies
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA · New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a Senior Vice President of Accounting & Finance to own all aspects of corporate accounting; integrating and refining the systems and teams for the consolidated company and its subsidiaries’ accounting, taxes and financial reporting. This role will report to the CFO and be an integral member of the senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a high level of work integrity and ethical standards who combines a strong accounting background with experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate possesses analytical and process improvement experience with a collaborative work style. The role will utilize attention to detail, strong communication, collaboration, technical expertise, and analytical skills to ensure scalable accounting and financial operations. We are looking for a true strategic partner and valuable voice to represent accounting and finance ops during an exciting organic and acquisitive high-growth phase.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Leading monthly, quarterly and year-end corporate close processes and financial statement reviews, contributing insights and recommendations as part of variance analysis;
- Providing accounting and reporting guidance on all business initiatives for growth and expansion;
- Creating and enforcing accounting policies, procedures and controls;
- Providing insights and guidance on annual P&L budgets and forecasting of revenue from an accounting perspective.
- Owning and directing the company’s accounting operations, including consolidations, monthly close reporting, payroll, AP and AR;
- Manage treasury operations across the consolidated company with multiple banking relationships. Assist in assessing treasury risk management and opportunities for optimizing working capital;
- Improving processes around billing and revenue recognition with automation and exploration of tech-enabled tools;
- Monitoring term loan interest schedule, financial covenants and reporting requirements;
- Managing the external financial audit; and
- Managing and complying with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Experience in preparing U.S. GAAP audited financial statements;
- Minimum 10 years of management accounting experience at increasing levels of seniority;
- Proficiency with accounting software and leading implementation of new solutions;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to partner and forge business relationships with other senior leadership and department heads;
- Attention to detail and discipline in use of checks and high-level validations; and
- Prioritization of the integrity and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Qualified CPA preferred;
- Professional services/agency focus preferred;
- Experience with Sage Intacct;
- Experience with purchase price accounting; and
- Experience with contract accounting under ASC 606 preferred.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Anne Lewis Strategies
Something looks off?