Vice President, Integrated Fundraising
Washington, DC, USA · New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a digital marketing leader with experience in optimizing digital and direct mail programs for nonprofit organizations to join us as a vice president and lead client engagements that include direct mail and digital fundraising. You will live and breathe supporter engagement, integrated fundraising and be eager to help our clients run best-of-breed fundraising programs in support of their mission. There’s nowhere else you can make a life-changing impact on causes as urgent and varied as empowering communities the world over with top international aid organizations, promoting equity in education and combating the scourge of gun violence. We’re a little biased, sure, but you also won’t find another team like ours: We’re wired to bring together cutting-edge direct response strategy and execution for the most pressing issues of our time.
In this role, you’d be on the front lines of the client relationship and responsible for designing and implementing cross-channel digital and direct response marketing campaigns that deliver stellar results. You will work with many clients with very different types of engagements, but you won't be alone: You’ll be managing a team of associates, strategists, writers, and production staff.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Working with nonprofit partners to develop strategies that maximize grassroots fundraising by bringing together breakthrough creative and tech resources, including custom, proprietary solutions;
- Designing innovative digital and direct response fundraising, advocacy, and communications campaigns;
- Leading cross-functional teams to implement client campaigns over all digital and direct response channels, including mail, email, web, social media, sms, and search;
- Generating relationships with new nonprofit partners (Is there a cause close to your heart or organization you admire? Bring them in!);
- Assessing client KPIs and ensuring maximum ROI of client campaigns;
- Advising clients on industry best practices and emerging strategies;
- Providing clients with strategic marketing planning, including revenue forecasting and budgeting;
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects;
- Identify prospective clients in need of the services that we provide and provide an entrée for us to design and pitch engagements; and
- Providing top-quality customer service to clients, including regular reporting and invoicing.
- 4+ years of in-house nonprofit or agency experience in digital and direct response communications, fundraising, and marketing for nonprofit organizations;
- Expertise in driving both online and offline fundraising results;
- Client management experience;
- Experience managing cross-functional project teams;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Experience working with eCRM platforms such as EveryAction, Salesforce, or Convio Luminate;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
Salary floor for this role begins at $130,000 per year, depending on experience.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
See more open positions at MissionWired
Something looks off?