Digital Strategist, Email
Authentic is seeking a Digital Strategist to work in our Email department. Authentic is an award-winning digital agency specializing in fundraising, advertising, creative and web strategy, online organizing, and more. We lead this industry with a focus on developing unique and creative digital programs for our clients.
This position pays a fixed starting salary of $65,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year. Benefits include 100% employer covered health care, matched 401K, flexible vacation and sick leave, and more.
This is a union position represented by the Campaign Workers Guild.
- Serve as email lead on several client accounts — developing and explaining email strategy, communicating with the client, setting content calendars and goals, writing compelling emails, managing client approvals, executing email production, analyzing results, and optimizing based on performance and client feedback
- Provide support across the team as needed or assigned — helping draft, build, and proofread content for other programs as needed, and helping provide coverage if necessary
- Ensure all content is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Use email CRMs and online platforms to produce emails and track results
- Develop and deliver professional reports, projections, and memos for clients
- Regularly A/B test topics and tactics across clients, while remaining on top of digital trends and tools, ensuring we are proactive in innovating for our clients
- Effectively manage client communication and expectations across multiple programs
- Work collaboratively with other strategists, managers, and members of the paid media and content teams to develop holistic strategies to maximize results across clients
- Proofread and help fact check content before it goes to the client or to supporters
- Brainstorm creative email ideas for clients and contribute to a collaborative team culture
- Respond to news in real-time as needed, by drafting and producing rapid messages in response to fast-breaking news
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested
- Experience of writing and coding fundraising emails.
- Demonstrated understanding of email best practices including theories of change, creative writing, A/B testing, error-free copywriting, and email formatting
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once and meet tight deadlines as needed
- Experience with using G-Suite tools including shared Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Experience with HTML coding
- Experience with progressive tools such as ActBlue, NGP, or ActionKit.
- Experience in reading and analyzing data
- Willingness to contribute to a collaborative team culture
- Committed to getting things right - pays close attention to detail and doesn’t stop trying
The following experience would be beneficial, but is not required:
- Familiarity with CRMs like NGP, ActionKit, ActionNetwork, etc.
- Experience communicating with clients
Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.