Account Director, Financial Services Public Relations
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, gaming and digital entertainment, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Director who will be responsible for overseeing the strategic planning and day-to-day tactical execution on a variety of clients in the technology and financial services space.
The Account Director will develop client strategy, manage staff to drive an overall work plan, lead day-to-day client relations, and conceptualize pitches and media placements. Our Account Directors lead project management on 4-6 accounts and influence client communication strategies that produce major wins. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for mission-driven technology clients and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work.
This role will support communications for our financial services and emerging technology clients such as 26North, Patricof Co and Pendulum. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of financial services and client experience with financial institutions, asset management and investment companies. Furthermore, we are looking for candidates passionate about contributing to creating a unique company culture.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis in office 2-3 days per week. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Director, you will…
- Serve as strategic lead and main contact for clients, leading the team within client strategy sessions and driving the compilation of strategy documents; leading client problem solving and crisis mitigation as necessary
- Oversee and support team pitching efforts across broadcast, print and online
- Maintain strong media relationships and secure feature coverage across applicable business and consumer verticals
- Begin to manage a limited number of Direct Reports, increasing in scope over time; supporting the team with tactical news creation
- Maintain pulse on client industry news and media updates within, bringing fresh ideas to the table to increase client awareness and earned media impact
- Proactively identify client needs and participate in new business meetings and pitches as applicable
- At least 6 years of experience in strategic communications roles, media relations, journalism or a related field
- Strong and demonstrable writing and editing skills spanning a variety of communications-oriented work
- Demonstrated ability to craft interesting media angles, with or without a news moment and build relationships with reporters – and doing so proactively
- Interest in and experience working in the technology or consumer financial services industry.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams, track progress across multiple teams and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with varying levels of staff, clients and the media
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $110,000
- Role cap: $130,000
Account Directors are eligible for end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- Employer sponsored Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K program with employer match
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
Something looks off?