Account Supervisor, Travel & Lifestyle Public Relations
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, fine arts, education, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PR Week's Outstanding Large Agency (2023), PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TRAVEL & LIFESTYLE TEAM AND THE CITIES PRACTICE
The Travel & Lifestyle team within the Cities practice works on some of the most enticing brands within the industry. Our clients, including Bermuda Tourism Authority, Daniel Boulud’s Dinex, Singapore Airlines, RVshare, Lark Hotels, Lincoln Center, Boston Seaport, SUMMIT One Vanderbilt, and more, trust us with critical strategic communications plans for shaping brands, opening new hotels, restaurants, attractions and driving consumers to destinations. We have delivered major wins like steering visitors back to the Meatpacking District, opening One Vanderbilt’s observation deck, and bringing attention back to luxury and fashion and showing off our client's innovation.
BerlinRosen’s Cities practice comprises over 70 communications professionals who bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications. We work with visionary clients in New York, Los Angeles and other major cities across the country on issues ranging from urban planning, affordable housing, issue advocacy, social impact and progressive policy, public affairs, healthcare, higher education, real estate, travel, lifestyle, arts & culture, and more. Whether it’s winning community and political support, policy change, elevating new projects and brands or launching some of our city's most visited attractions, we help our clients shape the future of cities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor to join our growing Travel & Lifestyle team. In this unique role, you will create strategies and promote programs that drive media and consumers to attend events, exhibits and openings, while also raising the profile of hotels, attractions, museums, destinations, restaurants and brands. You will work with a team of expert colleagues that innovate in the travel, lifestyle and hospitality industries and lead the day to day account flow managing junior staff and client relations.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Cities and Lifestyle team is in-office 2 days per week. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Supervisor on the Cities and Lifestyle team, you will…
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award or conference
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity: identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story is landed
- Write high-quality client deliverables such as strategic plans, press releases, talking points, invites and blogs with minimal oversight
- Serve as day-to-day client contact & lead client calls, managing client communications in a timely manner
- Secure press to participate in and escort press trips
- Concept and execute client event activations from press conferences and openings to experiential marketing activations
- Ideate and secure partnerships and promotions with like-minded brands and media partners
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- At least 4 years of experience in working in strategic communications for lifestyle, hospitality, arts and culture, travel and tourism at a PR agency, media outlet or in-house communications team
- Strong storytelling: must be able to provide examples of pitches and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills
- Versatile writer: comfortable and well versed in writing in an informal, conversational tone and addressing people more formally when necessary
- Savviness and creativity in media relations, pitching, social media content ideation and influencer engagement: know how to identify new targets and thoughtful angles until the story is landed
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and can comfortably think on their feet
- Organized and used to a fast-paced environment: proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the “news” and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients’ voices into the news cycle
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $95,000
- Role cap: $110,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
Something looks off?