BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a strategy-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Operations team is comprised of over 30 operations experts who specialize in finance, talent, human resources, IT, legal and general operations. The Operations team supports the rapid growth of the firm by proactively identifying operational efficiencies and building the systems and infrastructure to scale sustainably.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Contracts Manager. We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented, thorough, organized and experienced individual to join our growing team. The Contracts Manager will play a key role in managing and drafting contracts while ensuring contracts are fully executed in a timely manner. To be successful in this position, you will need to possess excellent judgment skills and be a critical and analytical thinker. This position will report to the Senior Contracts Manager.
Role location: This role is available on a remote basis within the United States or in our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. offices on a hybrid basis. The Operations team is in-office 2-3 days per week. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Contracts Manager on the Operations team, you will…
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of contract lifecycle management, including though not limited to: development, research, analyzing risk, negotiation, authoring, processing, routing, tracking, auditing and modifying existing contracts
- Respond to bids, proposals and contract negotiations
- Analyze all contracts requirements and provisions, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and company policies and procedures
- Provide internal guidance and staff training around contract processes
- Manage shared contracts inbox
- Work alongside the finance department to ensure correct billing of contractual revenues
- Develop, maintain and improve standards for contract process, including presentation of budgets, payment terms, general language and provisions
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements and contract standards
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and follow up with internal and external stakeholders as needed (e.g. prepare status reports on pending contracts, coordinate contract revisions and signatures with third parties)
- Provide administrative support for client audits, required reporting with the U.S. government agencies, general internal compliance and special projects
- Research and stay up-to-date on industry best practices for contract management and support implementation of operational process improvement sorting with U.S. government agencies, general internal compliance and special projects
- 3-4 years of prior work experience in contract preparation and management, preferably at a public relations, advertising agency or other client services company
- Experience applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw-relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills with the capability to convey and simplify complex information
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and judgment abilities
- Capability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing and drafting of non-disclosure agreements, retainer agreements, MSAs, statements of work, influencer agreements, independent contractor agreements, event and vendor contracts
- Knowledge of contract lifecycle management (CLM) tools and contract signature tools (DocuSign)
- Experience as a paralegal
- General knowledge of federal, state and local laws, plus regulations and codes
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $80,000
- Role cap: $90,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
Something looks off?