Account Executive, Cities & Real Estate
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 400 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, fine arts, education, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CITIES TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Cities practice comprises over 70 communications professionals who bring a unique multi-channel, campaign-style approach to strategic communications. We work with visionary clients across the country across the built environment from urban planning, affordable housing, issue advocacy, corporate communications, social impact and progressive policy, public affairs,, higher education, real estate, private equity, travel, lifestyle, arts & culture, and more. Whether it’s winning community and political support, policy change, elevating development projects and brands or launching some of our city's most visited attractions, we help our clients shape the future of cities.
We work with industry leaders, award-winning institutions and global innovators including SL Green, Silverstein, Bedrock and Brookfield Properties, 92Y and Lincoln Center, Ennead, Breaking Ground and Regional Plan Association, Northwell Health and the New York Proton Center, South Station Tower, Baltimore Peninsula, just to name a few.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Executive to join our team. You will help lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and mentor junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. You will also work closely with client leads and internal staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity if you want to develop and grow media relationships and understanding, have a passion for companies and projects that intersect finance, business, real estate, corporate communications and the built environment and are excited to take the lead on client initiatives and deliverables.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Cities team is in-office 2-3 days per week. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Executive on the Cities & Real Estate team you will…
- Develop and implement strategy and campaign planning for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Manage clients daily
- Regularly engage with key reporters
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, communications plans and media pitches
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading communications strategy in relevant companies (building cities physically and culturally), media or journalism covering applicable sectors, PR agencies or in relevant non-profit or government positions
- Familiarity and interest in architecture, culture, urbanism, real estate and local politics
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, et al
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with a team to meet group objectives
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $70,000
- Role cap: $80,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18 and Inkhouse.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.