BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to two senior executives, one of the BerlinRosen principals and one of the Managing Directors. This person will be responsible for managing scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting logistics and providing general administrative and project support. They will also lead special projects, and provide administrative and logistical support for select practice and firm initiatives, functioning as part of the firm’s Operations team.
This individual is someone who works well with a team and also independently; has exemplary organizational skills with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and respond to rapidly changing priorities; and has superior interpersonal skills, high self-awareness and sound judgment. They thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well with tight deadlines; some evening and weekend work is required.
This person is also a can-do self-starter with a passion for teambuilding and company culture. They enjoy thinking of ways to improve processes and make sure their executives and teams have a great work experience. They are excited to throw themselves into planning events, helping manage the team mentorship program, working with the operations team on special projects and more.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office in-person four to five days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Executive Assistant, you will…
Provide high level administrative and operational support
- Manage complex calendars including coordinating scheduling and logistics for internal and external meetings
- Arrange travel, including flights, lodging and transportation
- Manage the executives’ and your own expenses
- Assist with preparation and organization of meeting agendas
- Anticipate, respond to and prepare for upcoming meetings and events including drafting correspondences, creating research briefings and preparing meeting materials
- Create and manage purchase orders for vendors and tracking vendor costs
- Manage team culture norms including onboarding, offboarding, birthday recognition, scheduling trainings and team gifts
- Take detailed meeting notes
- Use time tracking system to pull team hours reports and enter unbillable hours for each team member
- Manage team organizational chart
- Provide in-office support for the firm’s co-founders as needed
- Fill in for other Executive Assistants and at the reception desk as needed
- Promote a positive organizational culture, setting an example for others by modeling a collaborative, communicative working style
Provide systems, operations, and special project support
- Contribute your problem-solving skills and idea generation to figure out smart ways to move projects forward and build sustainable systems
- Maintain a pulse on the organization and proactively identify areas in need of attention
- Conduct research across work streams to inform key organizational structures with best practices or provide strong evidence-based recommendations for executive decisions
- Plan and execute team and firm-wide events
- Assist with special projects including the team mentorship program, team meeting programming and quarterly performance-based awards
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and detail orientation to support the completion of each special project with fidelity
- 4-5 years of experience providing effective support and office coordination in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Ability to practice discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable handling a heavy amount of “intake,” quickly and effectively sorting out and triaging tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs
- Skilled at creating and establishing processes
- Team-orientation and collaboration skills
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships, and managing up, down and laterally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and are quick to spot formatting and grammatical errors
- Appetite for growth and personal development, capable of seeking out direct feedback
- Passionate about progressive causes and excited to have a career supporting this important work
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $80,000
- Role cap: $95,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18 and Inkhouse.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.