Senior Account Executive, Cities & Real Estate
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, fine arts, education, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse and Message Lab, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CITIES TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Cities practice comprises over 70 communications professionals who bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications. We work with visionary clients in New York, Los Angeles and other major cities across the country on issues ranging from urban planning, affordable housing, issue advocacy, social impact and progressive policy, public affairs, healthcare, higher education, real estate, travel, lifestyle, arts & culture and more. Whether it’s winning community and political support, policy change, elevating new projects and brands or launching some of our city's most visited attractions, we help our clients shape the future of cities.
The Real Estate team helps visionary companies in real estate, infrastructure, hospitality, architecture and design who are shaping the future of cities.
We work with industry leaders, award-winning institutions and global innovators including SL Green and Brookfield Properties, 92Y and Lincoln Center, Ennead and Practice for Architecture and Urbanism, Breaking Ground and Regional Plan Association, Northwell Health and the New York Proton Center, Waldorf Astoria New York and the Wythe Hotel.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our team. You will lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and lead client teams and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. This person will work closely with client leads and internal staff, delegating to peers and junior staff and develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a full roster of media relationships in the world of commercial real estate media and wants to take the lead on client initiatives and work, and help further grow the practice area.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Cities team is in-office 2-3 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Account Executive on the Cities & Real Estate team you will…
- Develop and implement communications strategies and plan campaigns for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Manage clients
- Engage with key reporters
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- Participate in business development opportunities
- Manage internal client teams and mentor junior staff
- A minimum of 3-4 years of strategic communications experience: in-house, media or journalism; PR agency experience preferred
- Experience in media relations and an interest in PR for clients in real estate, architecture, corporate communications and urbanism
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Ability to multitask, handle multiple projects at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $80,000
- Role cap: $95,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18, Inkhouse and Message Lab.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.