Internal Account Strategist
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse and Message Lab further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a strategy-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & CREATIVE SERVICES TEAM
We are the political consulting arm of one of the top strategic communications firms in the country. We develop strategies and create paid media (direct mail and advertising for TV and digital platforms) to elect Democratic candidates and advance progressive policy goals. Our team consists of strategists, graphic designers, video producers and editors, copywriters, data analysts and finance staff. Team members share a culture of collegiality, commitment to excellence and political mission. Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined but live within a culture of supporting colleagues who need a hand regardless of job description.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Internal Account Strategist to join the Campaign & Creative Services (CCS) team. This role will focus on all of our nonpolitical work with the other teams at BerlinRosen who cover advocacy clients, unions, nonprofits, law firms, real estate clients and more. This person will coordinate with media buying firms, other BerlinRosen teams or directly with clients to get quotes, create budgets and send invoices for media buys. This person will also work with BerlinRosen’s creative team to brainstorm, produce and submit the deliverables for the media buy.
Role location: Ideally, candidates will be based in our New York, N.Y. office, though can also be based in our Washington, D.C. office, on a hybrid basis. The Campaign & Creative Services team is in-office 2-3 times per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
As an Internal Account Strategist on the Campaign & Creative Services team, you will...
- Manage production of paid media, including TV and digital ads, radio, direct mail and print ads
- Work directly with our clients to schedule and lead meetings and respond to emails and calls
- Develop and track work plans related to client projects
- Quickly and thoroughly research new topics and share findings related to client projects
- Coordinate with media buyers to gather costs, manage budgets and place creative
- Coordinate paid media between the CCS design and copy teams and other teams at BerlinRosen
- Lead creative concept meetings for the design and copy teams
- Create budgets and invoice clients
- Assist with marketing, including managing the internal WorkWithCCS account, internal marketing of CCS’s work to other practices at BerlinRosen and the drafting of proposals, case studies and blog posts
- Travel occasionally to manage creative shoots
- Take thorough, accurate notes with action items and deadlines
- Proficient client finance skills, such as budgeting and invoicing
- High level of organization, meticulous attention to detail and an ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills, allowing you to present information and follow up with questions when needed and provide clarity on inquiries from clients and managers
- Comfort working with multiple stakeholders and managing their expectations
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Suite, Google Apps and project management tools, such as Asana
- 2-3+ years of experience in paid communications (i.e., media buying)
- Team management experience
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $70,000
- Role cap: $80,000
Internal Account Strategists are eligible for end of year bonuses based on firm, team and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18, Inkhouse and Message Lab.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.