Account Supervisor, Advocacy
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse and Message Lab further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE ADVOCACY TEAM
The Advocacy team fights to advance equity for marginalized communities by working with major national progressive organizations, foundations and academic institutions on some of the most high-profile issues of our time. From local to global campaigns, we help our clients advocate for reproductive health, rights and justice; immigrant rights; climate change action; quality education; criminal-legal system issues; racial justice and much more. Whether launching a new campaign, pitching to news media, preparing for a breaking news moment, building thought leadership or crafting compelling messaging, our team is at the ready.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Supervisor to play a leading role on account teams advancing justice and fighting back against the erosion of fundamental freedoms.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. office on a hybrid basis. The Advocacy team is in-office at least 2 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Supervisor on our Advocacy team, you will…
- Lead projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters across a myriad of advocacy issues
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos and communications plans
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, progressive politics, journalism or a related field
- Is an avid consumer of news, with a strong news sense and knowledge of the media, and experience engaging and maintaining strong relationships with key reporters covering the top issues of the day, from racial and gender equity to immigrant rights, healthcare, climate and more
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to multi-task easily, including handling multiple assignments at once, working quickly and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Has a personal commitment to and knowledge of social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles, etc.), local, state or national politics and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories
- Direct or indirect management in the fields of progressive politics, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism or a related field
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $95,000
- Role cap: $110,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18, Inkhouse and Message Lab.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.