Account Executive, Gaming, Digital Entertainment and Emerging Tech Public Relations
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, gaming and digital entertainment, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PR Week's Outstanding Large Agency (2023), PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group and Inkhouse, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Technology & Innovation practice comprises over 50 communications professionals who bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We represent some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology across consumer tech, fintech, climate, gaming, healthtech, media, urban innovation and education including Samsung, Bloomberg Media, Cornell Tech, General Assembly, and Mozilla.
Within the Tech & Innovation practice, the Gaming, Digital Entertainment & Lifestyle Tech team, known as the DigiTech team, comprises professionals with extensive experience in gaming, emerging technology and digital entertainment PR. With a collective wealth of years working with B2B and B2C brands of all sizes and stages, this team possesses a unique capacity to design and implement comprehensive PR strategies spanning these industries. Furthermore, our expertise extends to navigating the challenges and opportunities presented by emerging technologies such as AI, VR/AR/MR and Web3, ensuring they can effectively anticipate, plan for and adapt to the evolving landscape.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Executive to join our team. In this role, you will help lead daily client relations, plan and execute day-to-day project deliverables, support and mentor junior staff, and conceptualize strategies, pitches and media placements. You will also work closely with client leads and internal staff plus develop and advance strategy with senior leaders. This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for media relations, have an interest in companies and projects that intersect gaming, digital entertainment and emerging technology and are excited to take the lead on client initiatives and deliverables.
Role location: This position will require a presence in Los Angeles, C.A., but is available on a remote basis. Staff will be expected to regularly visit our clients and attend in-person events.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Executive on the DigiTech team, you will…
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing coverage for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award or conference
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity, identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story lands
- Collaborate with team leaders to create communications strategies
- Be an active participant on client calls by contributing to brainstorming, flagging concerns and problem-solving with executive members of our client teams
- Write high-quality client deliverables without any typos or mistakes, including talking points, op-eds and media plans
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- Develop insights-driven media research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
- Act as an industry subject matter expert and stay up-to-date on trends
- 3 years of experience in media or journalism covering tech/gaming; PR agency experience is required
- Deep working knowledge, passion and experience in gaming, digital entertainment and consumer tech
- Strong storytelling, with examples of op-eds, pitches and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills
- Versatile writer with comfort in writing in an informal, conversational tone and addressing people more formally when necessary
- Savviness and creativity in media relations and pitching, speaking opportunities and award submissions with the capability to identify new targets and thoughtful angles until the story lands
- Demonstrated experience driving gaming and technology product communications for mainstream, consumer and lifestyle audiences with the ability to connect technical concepts, products and complex tech and gaming issues for more mainstream print, online and broadcast audiences
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media and is comfortable thinking on their feet
- Organized and used to a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to become a savvy and nimble student of the “news” and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients’ voices into the news cycle
- A demonstrated track record handling multiple client accounts simultaneously, working quickly and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all tasks and projects
- Demonstrated composure under pressure, with a solution-oriented mindset and proactive approach to overcoming challenges and addressing unexpected situations
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Salary range (commensurate with experience and skills): $70,000-$80,000
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Glen Echo Group, Derris, M18, Inkhouse and Message Lab.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.