Associate, DEI & Culture
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group Inkhouse and Message Lab, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TRANSFORMATION & CULTURE TEAM
The Transformation & Culture team designs and delivers innovative strategies and learning experiences that build personal and organizational capacity for change. We embolden individuals and communities to dismantle systems of oppression, to be the change and to build an equitable world. Our services include organizational strategy, executive coaching programs, learning opportunities, assessments and tools to support partners in promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Associate to support the Transformation & Culture practice area’s client relationship, project management and strategy efforts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your detail-orientation, big-picture thinking and project management skills to create the world we want to live in.
The Associate will report to the Vice President, Transformation & Culture and will work closely with all team members to implement systems and structures that help us meet both our and our partners’ performance standards. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives when focusing on the details, can help a team see the path forward to reach the big picture and wants to make a significant impact in the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. office on a hybrid basis. The Transformation & Culture team is in-office at least 2-3 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Associate on the Transformation & Culture team, you will…
- Drive the day-to-day work on client projects and collaborate with colleagues to advance DEI strategy for multiple client accounts
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with clients by setting expectations, escalating urgent needs to senior staff, responding to their needs, etc.
- Plan and facilitate client and internal check-in meetings
- Participate in business development meetings and draft materials as needed
- Draft and edit external and internal documents such as cultural audits, strategy overviews, slide decks, tools and resources, etc.
- Project manage client engagements in collaboration with client team
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in management consulting, DEI strategy, project management or a related field
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment, owning high-priority tasks with minimal support
- A personal commitment to and knowledge of racial justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships and communicating effectively with diverse stakeholders and work with a team to meet group objectives
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Salary range (commensurate with experience and skills): $80,000-$95,000
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.