Account Coordinator, Cities
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, fine arts, education, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 Best PR Firm in America by Observer for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, Glen Echo Group, M18, Inkhouse and Message Lab further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CITIES TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Cities practice comprises over 70 communications professionals who bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications. We work with visionary clients in New York, Los Angeles and other major cities across the country on issues ranging from urban planning, affordable housing, issue advocacy, social impact and progressive policy, public affairs, healthcare, higher education, real estate, travel, lifestyle, arts & culture and more. Whether it’s winning community and political support, policy change, elevating new projects and brands or launching some of our city's most visited attractions, we help our clients shape the future of cities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Coordinator to join the Cities team. This role will focus on supporting a variety of strategic communications plans by owning media relations, project management and writing tasks. The person best suited for this role will have excellent writing and organizational skills, plus internship or other relevant experience in strategic communications, journalism, real estate or government.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. The Cities team is in office 2-3 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Coordinator on the Cities team, you will…
- Implement strategy, creative brainstorming and campaign planning for multiple high-profile accounts
- Pitch and place media stories across local, regional and national outlets; build and maintain press lists
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as client emails, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, media pitches and communications plans
- Oversee day-to-day communications with clients, including staffing weekly calls, developing meeting agendas, press coverage and event recaps and participate in events
- Manage work streams across multiple accounts
- Internship or other relevant experience in strategic communications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a team to meet group objectives
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is $60,000.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.