Executive Vice President, Transformation & Culture
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group Inkhouse and Message Lab, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and leaders at the forefront of the most pressing progressive causes of our time; we take a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TRANSFORMATION & CULTURE TEAM
The Transformation & Culture team designs and delivers innovative strategies and learning experiences that build personal and organizational capacity for change. We embolden individuals and communities to dismantle systems of oppression, to be the change and to build an equitable world. Our services include organizational strategy, executive coaching programs, learning opportunities, assessments and tools to support partners in promoting diversity, equity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking its first Executive Vice President to join the Transformation & Culture team. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal senior leadership role at our dynamic, and growing firm with a unique client mix of social impact leaders and trusted corporate brands.
In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your management, design, leadership development and adult learning knowledge skills to create the world we want to live in. You will work with organizations engaged in the challenging but incredibly rewarding process of creating inclusive spaces and equitable systems that allow their staff to thrive and to improve the world around them. You will facilitate peoples’ willingness to be vulnerable and open to confronting their biases through self-reflection in order to achieve individual and collective growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to help shape a cutting-edge organization and make a significant impact in the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
The EVP, Transformation & Culture, will report to the Managing Director, Transformation and Culture and will work closely with all staff to implement programming that meets both BerlinRosen’s and our partners’ performance standards.
Role location: Ideally, candidates will be based in our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. office on a hybrid basis, though remote candidates in the United States will still be considered. The Transformation & Culture team is in-office at least 2-3 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Executive Vice President on the Transformation & Culture team, you will…
- Lead and drive new business in DEI and culture consulting work across the country, maintaining and growing P&L
- Build a strong and diverse team of talented DEI and culture professionals
- Play a direct role in BerlinRosen’s strategic firm-wide growth
- Implement programming that meets both BerlinRosen and our partners’ performance standards
- 10 + years of relevant experience in DEI, organizational culture and/or leadership
- Demonstrated understanding of adult leadership development and ability to deliver high-quality professional development design, planning, execution and evaluation
- Familiarity with financials, budgets and/or P&L management
- Demonstrated experience with the agency business model, including strong client management experience
- Robust content knowledge (including evidence of proven strategies) in personal leadership and organizational leadership
- A track record of business development, sales, client development and/or a deep network to leverage for business development and partnerships
- Ability to build and lead talented teams and a personal commitment to effective management
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Salary range (commensurate with experience and skills): $200,000-$235,000
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.