BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service consulting and communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2023; 2021), PR News’ Digital Firm of the Year (2023) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
Beginning in 2022, we’ve established partnerships with Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group Inkhouse and Message Lab, further integrating our agency and communications network while expanding our reach in DEI consulting and the consumer, lifestyle, real estate, hospitality and technology sectors.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN & CREATIVE SERVICES TEAM
The Campaign & Creative Services team is a leading Democratic political consulting firm with a record of winning tough races. We have an in-house creative studio that specializes in brand strategy, copywriting, design and video production. We serve as creative partners to our clients, helping them solve their biggest challenges from brainstorming to creative production and execution. Together, we’re a team of strategists, copywriters, branding experts, producers, directors, designers and editors. We script, produce, edit and place digital, TV and radio ads and write, design and place direct mail and out-of-home ads in multiple states and markets from billboards, subway ads, bus station ads and so much more.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic writer with natural talent and an interest in politics who can bring out the passion in our candidates with messaging that speaks to people’s hearts and minds. The ideal candidate is a true collaborator who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work writing compelling direct mail copy for multiple clients under tight deadlines.
Role duration: This is a temporary, full-time position that will run from April 1, 2024 through October 31, 2024.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. or Washington, D.C. office on a hybrid basis. The Campaign & Creative Services team is in-office at least 2 days per week.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
As a Copywriter on the Campaign & Creative Services team, you will...
- Bring energy and excitement to our creative team
- Manage multiple projects, overlapping timelines and tight deadlines effectively
- Work collaboratively with creative and account teams to translate complex political strategy into accessible creative concepts
- Interview clients to hear their voice and story (these interviews will inform your writing)
- Write clear, concise and compelling copy for a client’s direct mail programs that effectively communicates their message, resonates with audiences and inspires action
- Occasionally help on non-political work, such as branding projects or new business pitches
- Excellent writing ability, including a mastery of clear prose and clean grammar with enough expertise to know when to break the rules
- Aptitude for writing short form copy that moves audiences emotionally and politically (the majority of the work will be under 200 words, including headlines and paragraph body text)
- Flexibility to adapt creatively to the requirements of different clients and audiences
- Power to think both creatively and strategically, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and keep track of multiple assignments at once in a fast paced environment
- Openness to receiving feedback and using it to improve work
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends during peak periods
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary (prorated) for this role is $65,000.
This role is eligible for an end-of-cycle bonus based on firm, team and individual performance.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.