Head of Paid Media
Job Title: Head of Paid Media
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: NYC; Hybrid, in-office 3x per week
Salary: $200,000 - $250,000 annually
BerlinRosen Holdings was launched in 2022 and is the holding company of BerlinRosen, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse and Message Lab. Our network of partner entities provides consulting, strategic communication, branding, advertising, marketing, DEI, digital and creative services. Our clients are leaders across the consumer, lifestyle, arts & culture, real estate, hospitality, technology, and nonprofit sectors. We also have robust political, advocacy and public affairs practices.
From leading technological innovators, to institutions that help our cities thrive, to nonprofits and candidates at the forefront of the most pressing causes of our time; we take a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to our clients.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen Holdings is seeking a Head of Paid Media. This is a new role that is key in creating a comprehensive paid integration and management plan; building and expanding Paid services and overseeing and managing ad tech stacks and paid advertising campaigns across the HoldCo; optimizing strategies to achieve specific business objectives, drive traffic, and manage revenue through paid advertising channels (both online and offline); developing reports that map back to the key objectives; leading a team of paid media strategists and buyers; and managing outside media buyers.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
As the Head of Paid Media, you will…
- Facilitate and create a shared connection model of Paid strategy across the Holding Company, including modeling integration and learning systems of support
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought leader on paid strategies, how it integrates with an overall campaign as well as staying ahead of leading and new marketing tools, strategies, platform regulations, etc.
- Lead new business strategy focused on paid media, including major proposals and pitches, and maintaining and growing P&L
- Advise, consult and manage paid programs across digital channels including connected TV, SEM, programmatic, social media, SMS, etc. as well as traditional channels including broadcast, OOH, print, direct mail, etc.
- Oversee, train and upskill the BR team of media planners and buyers across clients and channels as well as manage resources (if applicable) at other firms
- Provide support and guidance to partner entities for smaller scale buys
- Partner with relevant teams and stakeholders to strategize and execute multi-channel campaigns across markets/sectors, monitor performance, and optimize investments to generate growth
- Provide structure and insights on how to effectively measure and report comprehensive success metrics to clients
- Manage and encourage relevant vendor relationships, and lead sourcing and implementation of new applications, tools and technology with an eye towards identifying and prioritizing working with diverse vendors whenever possible
- Advise on how to effectively leverage advertising content and creative for different channels
- 10+ years of paid media strategy, media planning and buying experience, including experience managing large ($5M+) budgets and full-funnel paid media programming. Experience in growth marketing, direct to consumer, B2B, major consumer brands and brand perception campaigns is a plus
- Expertise in full-funnel marketing, from brand awareness through to conversion and retention
- Deep knowledge of digital ecosystem, including tracking and optimizations, and experience working with external partners to develop and execute initiatives (e.g., Google Ads, Facebook business manager, third-party media providers, social media community platforms and more)
- Experience and deep understanding with the agency business model(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and effectively to internal and external audiences
- A track record of successful business development and client management
- Ability to build, develop and implement unique systems
- Direct management experience, and a commitment to staff development, professional growth and mobility, and building a diverse and inclusive team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN HOLDINGS
Compensation philosophy: We offer competitive industry rates with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
Salary: $200,000 - $250,000, plus end-of-year bonus based on firm, team and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account Savings Plan (HSA-SP) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- 20 vacation days, 10 wellness days, 1 day for your birthday, collective PTO between Christmas and New Year’s Day, plus 11 holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
To ensure that applicants are matched with the job that best suits their qualifications and interests, information that you submit may be shared with our subsidiaries, Onward, Derris, M18, Glen Echo Group, Inkhouse, Message Lab and Brightmode Talent.
By providing your information, you are consenting to allow us and our subsidiaries to keep your information on file and to contact you regarding job opportunities, recruitment events and other related updates.