Executive Assistant to the CEO
Blacks in Green
Who We Are:
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Blacks in Green (BIG) has pioneered environmental economic development for the benefit of BlackAmerica since 2007 ~ a 501c3 non-profit tackling pollution and poverty with a goal of closing America’s racial health/wealth gap via the new green economy.
We are building economies in energy, horticulture, housing, tourism, and waste via our Sustainable Square Mile model. Our model reinvents the “walk-to-work, walk-to-shop, walk-to-learn, walk-to-play” village where African Americans own the businesses and the land and live the conservation lifestyle ~ as a buffer against the well-known disproportionate harms of climate change on communities of color. We are a community-based organization with national reach, and the first to introduce a theory of change: “Only a whole-system solution can transform the whole-system problem common to Black communities everywhere;” and implementing an original solution ~ our 8 Principles of Green-Village-Building ~ piloted for over 10 years with the success metric of “increasing household income of legacy village residents.”
We are proudly cultivating a happy staff and building competitive salaries and benefits, including remote working options. We’re hiring for national expansion of our Sustainable Square Mile practice, which includes innovations in affordable housing, interruptions for energy justice, and heritage programming that lifts up America’s Great Migration using our beloved asset, the Emmett & Mamie Till-Mobley House, developing as a museum, sculpture garden, and theater destination. If BIG’s mission resonates with you, apply today!
What We Need:
BIG is seeking a seasoned self-motivated office professional capable of fluidly working with the highest echelon of corporate executives and neighborhood stakeholders with ease. The primary responsibility of the Executive Assistant is supporting BIG’s Founder/CEO and being involved in providing support to BIG’s executive team as directed to ensure BIG’s goals and objectives are accomplished and operations run efficiently. The Executive Assistant must bring a positive attitude, possess state of the art administrative and organizing skills, and hands-on event planning experience for all programs and the demands of a fast paced office with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will also have excellent problem solving abilities. For the right candidate, there is growth potential for this position into a leadership role at the organization.
- Serves primarily as the Executive Assistant for the Founder/CEO of Blacks in Green.
- Preserves Founder/CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing email correspondence;drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiatingtelecommunications.
- Maintains Founder/CEO’s appointment schedule to include: meetings, conferences,teleconferences, and travel.
- Communicates with community partners, funding partners, and all other external stakeholders ina professional manner at all times.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information regarding Blacks in Green. Assists CEOin delegating tasks to staff and reporting task progress to CEO.
- Maintains Blacks in Green operations’ confidentiality and customer confidence.
- Manages project completion by delegating work to support staff as needed and follows up onproject outcomes and staff outputs.
- Periodically represents the Founder/CEO in meetings and speaks on behalf of Blacks in Green.
- Manages organization CRM, including consolidation and updating of archival databases in variedlocations, and constituent outreach documentation and affinity.
- Establishes the records management systems and maintains minutes from meetings.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipatingneeded supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; andverifying receipt of supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5 - 7 years of previous Executive Assistant experience or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when required and to exercise appropriate discretion inrelating to others.
- Experience multi tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Needs to be comfortable in using databases and managing file organization. Confident learningand utilizing proprietary and other software.
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Google, Microsoft Office Suite.
We are an in-person team primarily located in Chicago. The position is offered with a flexible work schedule of up to 20% remote, based on COVID conditions and with rigorous onsite COVID-care.
Can expect to work 40-45 hours a week. Occasionally, you may work late or on weekends as the need arises and may be required to travel with BIG’s Founder/CEO for special projects.
Salary & Benefits:
- Annual compensation is $60,000 – $65,000, commensurate with experience
- Health insurance coverage contribution: medical, dental, vision
- Paid major holidays and 10 sick paid days per year
- All expenses paid annual one-week staff retreat and vacation
- Tuition Assistance Program for professional development
Application Process & Start Date:
Submit a complete application packet consisting of a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. Only applications containing all requested documents will be considered.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Subject line: BIG-Executive Assistant
- Application closing date: November 30, 2022
- Anticipated start date: December 2022 (or earlier)
- Work location: 6431-39 S. Cottage Grove Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
Blacks in Green is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages members of our community, indigenous allies, leaders of color, women, and persons identifying as LGBTQI+ to apply.
Our mailing address is: 6011 S ST LAWRENCE, CHICAGO, IL, 60037, and our website is: https://www.blacksingreen.org