What to know
At Blue State, Project Managers are integral to business delivery helping organise projects that make us tick. Working with the London leadership and account team, you’ll steer delivery on our various accounts covering media, strategy and creative.
Internally you’ll be the trusted voice guiding day-to-day delivery, translating client briefs into inspiring, clear project plans, monitoring progress against milestones, and being the last word in quality assurance - all while managing process opportunities and challenges should they arise. You’ll help ensure we’re equipped internally, organising and briefing the right resources, forecasting and reconciling revenue to maintain client financial health.
Ideally you’ll have an interest or passion for the charity industry and a desire to learn more about digital, fundraising and creative in the non-profit world.
You’ll also gain the trust and partnership of the Account Director, understanding their wants, needs, and communicating clearly: whether that’s about profitability, future challenges and priorities or helping the day to day run seamlessly.
Blue State is the purpose-driven creative and tech agency for brands and causes looking to inspire people to take action and drive create real change. With clients including the UNHCR, Google, Amnesty International, UNICEF, Medicines Sans Frontiers (MSF) and Oxfam, Blue State cultivates and mobilises communities, raises money and influences policy, builds platforms, and transforms how organisations engage their most important people. Led by some of the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP and has more than 150 employees in London and the US.
A day in the life
Manage medium to large projects for international clients
- Team and client Day to day contact working with the Account Director on the project
- Support Managing Director and Account Director(s) in coordination of internal creative and delivery teams
- Own status reporting and communications across clients
- Manage operational aspects of projects, including communication of client needs to team and vice versa
- Scope, define, estimate and manage budgets and/or timelines for new and existing projects
- Manage, track and reconcile budgets
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Minimise exposure to risk on a project by identifying potential scope creep and working with internal teams and client to mitigate this risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- Lead post project assessments and make recommendations for future projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Handle resourcing for London team including interfacing with Global Resource Manager and leading local resourcing meetings
- Oversee tracking of London revenue forecast
You’ll be a part of our global Project Management team focused on London and Global projects. You will also work with a cross-disciplinary team of Account Leads, Designers, Developers, Strategists, and other creative folks to get the job done.
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds (local equivalent)
- Fully subsidised health and dental insurance for employees (subject to tax)
- Generous pension match via salary sacrifice
- Parental leave policy for up to 32.5 week of coverage at full pay, inclusive of all genders and supporting a range of family structures
- Group Income Protection (GIP)
- Group Life Assurance (GLA)
- Optional holiday travel insurance
- Pre-tax season ticket loans
- Cycle to work (up to £2000)
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model, with presence in our office required at two days per week. To enter our London office or attend Blue State events, staff is required to submit a self-administered lateral flow test prior to attending.
Some things we're looking for
- 5+ professional experience as a project manager with experience in digital A keen interest in a values-led business that puts its honesty, its mission and purpose above profit
- Experience with agency operations including resourcing, revenue forecasting and recognition
- Good with excel and business planning
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with tech folks, business stakeholders, clients, etc
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Ability to adapt to new situations, solve problems on the fly, and communicate with those around you. Teamwork and scrappiness required
- A shared passion and curiosity for making change. This includes comfort with ambiguity, a restlessness that resists the status quo, and a commitment to quality that ensures we’re always making progress.
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box below, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Something looks off?