Associate Strategist, Content & Campaigns
What to know
Fundraise for the causes and campaigns that count. In this role, you’ll write and execute impactful and creative digital fundraising and advocacy campaigns for a range of clients, under the leadership of Senior Content & Campaigns Strategists and Creative Directors. The bulk of our fundraising practice is concentrated on email, but paid media and SMS are also areas of focus for many of our clients.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From Google and UNICEF USA to Amnesty International and Elizabeth Warren, we transform how brands, campaigns, and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
This role will sit within our Content and Campaigns team, a team made up of talented digital fundraisers and advocacy experts. Our resumes boast diverse backgrounds in advertising, political campaigns, journalism, nonprofit marketing, and much more. Writing great copy is at the heart of what we do, but we are so much more than copywriters -- we develop campaign strategies, brainstorm creative, develop testing plans, collaborate with designers, and are never above a terrible pun. In short, we have a lot of fun while helping our clients change the world.
A day in the life
- Support the execution of cross-channel digital fundraising programs (including everything from campaign concepts to communications calendars to email copy) that raise money for a variety of missions, including political, humanitarian, and social causes.
- Write succinct and effective fundraising copy for email, SMS, paid media, and related channels.
- Work closely with analysts, strategists, and paid-media planners to develop tests and optimize campaigns.
- Collaborate with designers to bring ideas to life through beautiful graphics and copy.
- Collaborate with marketing technology professionals to target key audiences and innovate new tactics for converting donors.
- Jump in during rapid response moments to help craft copy.
- Develop knowledge of the social, political, and economic issues that impact your clients as well as continual education within your discipline.
- Stay aware of the latest digital fundraising trends, and offer thoughts on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programs forward.
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model. On-site presence is welcome for US staff who are within commuting distance of the NY or DC office. Managers retain discretion to require in-person attendance for folks on their discipline or client teams as necessary, including for those whose roles require them to be in person. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Some things we're looking for
- 1+ years experience in digital fundraising or similar
- A passion for raising money for some of the top nonprofits in the industry
- A desire to take ownership of individual deliverables and work projects from start to finish
- Impeccable writing skills
- An equal interest in strategy and creative work
- Familiarity with email tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, EveryAction, Luminate or similar
- Empathy, communication, respect, and the ability to act as a role model at Blue State
- Experience with paid media or SMS campaigns is a plus!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.