What to know
Help drive real change by analyzing results and generating insights to improve performance across paid media, web optimization, and email/SMS campaigns. Work with an inspiring mix of clients, from enterprise nonprofits to advocacy organizations. As a Senior Analyst at Blue State, you will:
- Lead data analysis for your clients, including but not limited to: paid media performance, web traffic and on-site behavior, and email marketing.
- Analyze supporter trends such as donation, retention, and engagement rates, audience behaviors, and other metrics that will help inform acquisition, fundraising, and growth strategies.
- Identify key performance indicators, build measurement strategies, and craft reports with data integrity.
- Help team members understand the implications of analysis through inter-team and cross-discipline collaboration.
- Transform your data analysis into strategic narratives to make actionable recommendations, design learning agendas, and inform the bigger strategy.
- Develop effective and persuasive presentations and memos demonstrating the value of our work for client teams. Effectively present the content of these deliverables to both internal and external teams.
Blue State is a purpose-driven agency. We partner with leading causes, brands, and campaigns and create real change. From UNICEF and Patagonia to Amnesty International and Oxfam, we transform how brands and causes raise money, influence policy, build platforms, and grow communities of supporters. Led by the most creative and analytical minds from the political, nonprofit, and brand worlds, Blue State is a part of WPP Digital and has 150+ employees in the US and London.
The Analytics team is the backbone of our agency, supporting efforts and people that span web development, email, social media, design, and paid media. This is a team that challenges the status quo and pushes us all to move toward better results, whether that’s money raised or actions taken or perceptions changed. So, if you geek out over data, want to develop groundbreaking digital campaigns that will inspire and affect change, and work with people who are talented and passionate about what they do, then let’s talk!
What we offer
- Unlimited time-off (inclusive of sick, personal, and vacation days)
- $1,000 annually in professional development funds
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Inclusive family planning coverage, including fertility, surrogacy, and adoption benefits
- Flexible and health savings accounts
- 401K & employer match
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- 12-week fully-paid parental leave for all parents-to-be
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Remote work flexibility
We approach in-office working with a hybrid model. On-site presence is welcome for US staff who are within commuting distance of the NY or DC office. Managers retain discretion to require in-person attendance for folks on their discipline or client teams as necessary, including for those whose roles require them to be in person. To enter our US offices or attend Blue State events, staff and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including with a booster shot when eligible. Exceptions for protected grounds will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The salary range for this position is $89,000 - $107,000; compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Some things we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in digital analytics, ideally with direct experience working on marketing, direct response, or fundraising campaigns.
- An active and engaged collaborator who shares knowledge and leads project ownership when appropriate. Contributes to a supportive, inclusive, respectful, and productive environment.
- A curious, organized, methodical, and proactive mind. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone. And you have the ability to clearly articulate performance, trends, and opportunities both in person and in writing.
- Proficiency with SQL commands (selects, joins, conditional statements, etc.) and data analysis skills in Excel or Google Sheets are essential.
- Some experience working with CRMs and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud is preferable.
- Experience working with Google Analytics and data from paid media is an advantage.
- Experience with A/B testing solutions such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, or equivalent is preferable.
- Experience with statistical methods (significance testing, regression analysis, etc). If you’re interested, but haven’t had the opportunity, we welcome those open to learning as well!
At Blue State, diversity is a necessity, not a nice-to-have. We encourage those from underrepresented communities — women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, those with disabilities and people at all the intersections in between — to apply. Even if you don’t think your current skill set checks every box, but this role seems to align with your strengths, we want to hear from you.
Blue State is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible application and interview process. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Accommodation Request to get started.