We’re looking for a Program Manager who is interested in building Bluebonnet’s long-term political strategy for power-building in underinvested communities and recruiting new voices to the Progressive Movement’s talent pipeline.
About Bluebonnet Data
Bluebonnet Data is a nonprofit helping bridge the technical gap for progressive campaigns and organizations. We recruit folks with data and technical skills to our volunteer fellowship, where they are matched with a progressive campaign or cause. The Bluebonnet Fellowship is 11 weeks and consists of fellow being matched with team of 3-4 other fellows to support a partner campaign or organization. Our 2023 Fellowship program will have two cohorts, beginning in April and July.
What does the Program Manager do? Key Responsibilities:
Client Strategy and Recruitment
Bluebonnet works with Progressive down-ballot campaigns, nonprofits, unions, parties, and other organizations.
- Leading/informing Bluebonnet’s political strategy, guiding how & where we engage clients in aim of building long-term (10+ years) political & civic power.
- Strategic planning on client recruitment and cohort-building. In 2023, we expect to serve between 40-60 clients between two fellowship cohorts.
- Client intake management, from outreach through billing and confirmation.
- Ongoing client relationship management alongside Bluebonnet’s Tech Team, including regular communication check-ins and problem-solving, end-of-cohort off-boarding, and continued client engagement after their cohort experience.
Fellow Recruitment & Engagement
Bluebonnet Fellows range from data science students and professionals to experienced organizers looking to explore political data and tech.
- Lead Bluebonnet Fellow recruitment via new & existing partnerships and pipelines, in aim of promoting diverse backgrounds and experiences within our Fellow community
- Manage the fellowship application pipeline from application to acceptance, including monitoring incoming applications, infosessions, interviewer matches, and decision emails.
- The Program Manager will help hire and onboard the Community Manager in the spring, and in the meantime, help support on the following responsibilities: Assisting with career advising & support Community engagement within the active fellowship Fellow alumni programming and engagement
The Program Manager will work with the following:
- Client Recruitment Partners - Manage & expand partnerships with political partners across the country to support our client recruitment and strategy.
- Fellow Recruitment Partners - Manage & expand partnerships with a variety of political, academic, student-run, and community partners to support our fellow recruitment and strategy.
- College/University/Student Partnerships - We have key partnerships with universities and student-run organizations. This role requires maintaining and strengthening those relationships, including the following: Manage partnerships with universities to seek opportunities ranging from recruitment to consulting & capstone projects for Bluebonnet. Manage partnerships with HBCUs, HSIs, and Women’s colleges to build meaningful relationships and increase fellowship numbers from these colleges and universities.
- Experience with political organizing – Top Priority. Multiple cycles of working with or on political campaigns and/or organizations. Awareness of the role of data & tech on campaigns and how these projects can support clients. Familiarity with VAN and other political data/tech is a bonus.
- Strong communication, team management, and delegation skills Able to manage multiple projects and timelines. Excellence in written and verbal communication. Able to approach differences among staff with a constructive mindset. Able to manage multiple internal and external relationships.
- Strategic leadership and agility Able to think big-picture and able to break those large goals into smaller, actionable steps. Observes and anticipates problem areas and approaches them with a solution-oriented mindset. Able to think critically and challenge norms.
- It’s also important that you… Care about progressive causes and mobilizing people power, especially amongst young people, in the progressive movement. Are interested in working in a startup-type environment, helping build and shape our organization to adapt to a changing political climate. Hold a strong commitment to social, gender, and racial justice in all aspects of your work. Are curious and enthusiastic about your work!
Even if you don't have these exact qualifications but think you'd be a good addition to our team, we still encourage you to apply!
- Digital skills Experience working with campaign tech tools and platforms (i.e. VAN & voter databases, voter contact tools, donor databases & contact tools, etc.). Experience working with digital media & marketing tools (i.e. social media & content creation, digital ad platforms, marketing & website tools, etc.).
- Data skills Some experience working with data in Python, R, SQL, Excel/Google Sheets or a similar language/framework (the Program Manager won’t be expected to code, but familiarity with data and data tools would be useful). An understanding of how to approach political problems from a data analytics perspective.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits:
The job title is currently listed as Program Manager. Title and compensation will be determined based on the qualifications of the applicant. Full-time salary ($65,000 to $75,000) commensurate with location and experience. Benefits include a 50% employer-covered health and dental plan, WFH and professional development stipend, generous vacation and sick time, flexible work hours. Bluebonnet Data is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Bluebonnet Data is a remote organization, but team members currently work between Boston, MA, Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, and Washington, DC. We travel quarterly for team retreats and a few times a year for conferences and other events.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Bluebonnet Data provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Bluebonnet strives to foster diversity, equity, and inclusivity among employees, fellows, and partners, creating a team environment that prioritizes mutual respect and fair treatment. We expect all community members to make a commitment to inclusivity and in addition to respectful discourse, to treat fellows equally and without regard to gender, race, disability, religion, or other identities.
**Apply here: **airtable.com/shr0gzugAkjHkkUpx