Run the Future Head of Program Delivery
Run the Future offers identity-affirming, high impact entrepreneurial learning experiences focused on BIPOC youth and young adults. Run the Future is evolving from a hybrid learning experience, which includes online learning content, virtual instruction, and in-person learning sessions, into a scalable blended learning product that can reach 10,000 learners by 2024. We are seeking an experienced and innovative program delivery leader who can lead the team that will partner with schools, nonprofits, and other partners to implement this ambitious vision with exceptional quality. Run the Future is a nonprofit social venture, developed through a partnership between Formation Ventures and Cambiar Education.
Cambiar Education believes that every person holds great potential to make a transformative difference in the world. We partner with leaders, including youth leaders, and communities to research, design, and launch game-changing solutions to our greatest challenges. Our curiosity and eternal optimism help us to see problems as opportunities and to approach challenges with a model that will create lasting change.
Formation Ventures’ mission is to accelerate emerging Black entrepreneurs as they explore, connect, launch, and grow their visions into wealth-building ventures. We do this through learning and exposure, incubation, and funding opportunities designed with and for Black 16-26 year olds. Our vision is that emerging Black entrepreneurs thrive within a supportive community that offers fun yet rigorous developmental experiences to help them grow their ventures and that they have the resources and connections necessary to build their dreams and design a new future for themselves and their communities.
The Head of Program Delivery is a critical new senior role at Run the Future which will lead our program delivery team. The person in this role will be responsible for driving ambitious learner and customer outcomes, iterating rapidly on our delivery approach, developing a best-in-class train the trainer model, and growing partner relationships, customer success, and revenue. The Head of Program Delivery will collaborate closely with Run the Future’s Product Development team, which is responsible for the design and development of the Run the Future blended learning product, including curriculum, online learning content, facilitator and student materials, and rapid learning cycles related to product development. The Head of Program Delivery will report to Formation Ventures’ CEO.
Head of Program Delivery Responsibilities
- Drive exceptional learning outcomes for Run the Future learners across both direct delivery partnerships and external instructor/partner contexts _First 6 months and beyond:_Build a shared vision of instructional excellence across the team, based on clear outcomes and metrics for student success, with specific attention to success for BIPOC youth and youth with learning differences Design and implement scalable and data-driven systems, including dashboards and databases, in partnership with the product team, to gather actionable feedback that can drive continuous instructional improvement Define instructional requirements and staffing model to bring our learner experience to scale with high quality, across multiple different types of partners Coach, manage, and grow an inclusive team of two full-time and three part-time instructors who are delivering Run the Future directly to learners
- Model Cambiar’s CREATE process, especially to prototype, test, and iterate upon delivery approach _First 6 months:_Rapidly prototype, test, and iterate on instructional and professional learning approaches Collaborate with product team to implement rapid learning cycles and gather instructional team insights that can drive swift product iteration
_Month 7 and beyond - continue the above, and:_Build upon initial new facilitator support model to design and implement a best-in-class “train-the-trainer” model that can be rapidly scaled with high quality, and that builds external facilitator enthusiasm and commitment to Run The Future
- Manage end-to-end partner relationships across lines of difference and grow their impact and revenue over time _First 6 months:_Build upon existing partnership “playbook” to design and implement high quality Run the Future partner selection processes and engagement models, for both direct delivery and blended learning/train-the-trainer contexts Take ownership for the strength of partner implementations and relationships that will contribute to partnership renewal Coach, manage, and grow partner relationship management team (currently one FTE)
_Month 7 and beyond - continue the above, and:_Build/refine an efficient financial model for both direct delivery and blended learning partnerships, including pricing and staff allocation projections Develop strong senior-level relationships with partners, and be their “go-to” person Partner with Run the Future’s founders to identify and develop new partnership opportunities over time, and drive strategic partnership initiatives across the company as needed
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership teamCollaborate with other senior leaders to “own the whole” of the organization, and take ownership of any major blocker to org-wide success Actively manage operational health and sustainability Serve as a strong culture carrier in the organization, proactively upholding organizational values and role modeling what it means to align everyday decisions and actions with those values
Experience Requirements - You Have:
- 10+ years of experience in public education, including teaching, instructional coaching, school system leadership, and program design experience with a track record of significantly improving student learning and/or program outcomes for teams
- 5+ years of senior-level experience with high growth organizations, companies, and/or teams, including building and managing teams to achieve ambitious goals
- 3+ years of consulting or partnership experience with school or system leaders
- Best-in-class knowledge of instructional excellence and effective professional learning, with experience in online instructional environments
- Excellent project management and operational leadership skills and experience with large-scale program delivery projects
This Job Might Be For You If You:
- Are able to strategically prioritize the most impactful work and clearly communicate those priorities to stakeholders
- Enjoy managing and coaching people to accomplish their best work
- Excel at using data, student and partner feedback, and intuition to drive sound decisions
- Love the startup phase - with all the excitement, challenge, and hard work that come with it - and bring an ownership mindset and “whatever it takes” attitude to all of your work
- Are comfortable working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Communicate clearly and with quick turnaround at all levels, and across diverse stakeholders
- Are passionate about entrepreneurship, and about supporting BIPOC and youth entrepreneurs
This Job Might Not Be For You If You:
- Are status conscious, hierarchy-driven, or resume/credential-focused
- Struggle to give or receive feedback or engage in healthy dialogue
- Don’t want to build alongside young people in leadership roles
- 5+ years of experience working remotely with team members across different time zones
- Proximate lived experience with our target audience(s) of learners
- Conversational fluency in Spanish
Because program delivery will take place virtually, this role requires access to a workspace with an internet connection speed that will support uninterrupted video conferencing via Zoom. The Head of Program Delivery must be able to observe and support instructors in class sessions on camera without background distractions.
Location, Hours, and Travel Requirements
This position is designed to be remote/virtual, as Formation Ventures and Cambiar have team members based throughout the country. Regular working hours are 8am-6pm in employees’ home time zones, however, as an early-stage startup we expect occasional evening or weekend work time to be necessary in order to meet our goals. This position will require up to 20% travel / 8 weeks per year to attend team retreats, meet in person with team members for working sessions, and observe at partner sites.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time role, with a pay rate of $125,000-150,000 annually depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage, participation in a 401K plan with employer contribution, life insurance coverage, PTO and paid holidays, as well as paid parental leave.
Formation Ventures and Cambiar Education are equal opportunity employers.