Director, School Development and Success, Education
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
We’re on an ambitious mission to solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease to improving education and addressing the needs of our local communities. Join us to build a better future for everyone!
The work of CZI Education’s organization is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. The Director, School Development and Success, Education will be part of the Product leadership team. The Product team’s culture is mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and committed to building transformative education products. We need your help to continue building on our mission as we introduce new products into the market.
What You'll Do
We equip teachers with what they need to center students’ well-being in support of academic achievement and success. Teachers don’t have a lot of spare time in their day to adopt new tools and students are equally strapped for time but need support and visibility. We take these limitations and problems that live in our schools and build products. You have a proven drive and ability to launch impactful products into such a time constrained education market.
You will develop product messaging, sales content, and customer success efforts for Education products, specifically how they relate and impact the K12 market through outreach and use cases that are thought provoking, educational, easy to understand and speak clearly to our target school and district customers. You will define the go-to-market strategy and have a role in defining and driving the marketing content and positioning aspects from concept to launch to entice and educate customers & prospects on the benefits of CZI Education’s product offerings.
Your role will focus on the following areas and activities:
- Product Messaging and Positioning: Be central to developing clear and compelling product messaging and positioning in partnership with the Product team that effectively communicates the unique value of the point solution applications
- Go-to-Market Strategy: Create and execute school and district go-to-market strategies for new product launches, ensuring alignment with overall organization objectives
- Market Research: Conduct in-depth market research to understand customer needs, competitive landscape, and industry trends. Translate findings into actionable insights to guide marketing strategies
- Education Expertise: Leverage your background in education to deeply understand the challenges, pain points, and opportunities faced by instructors, administrators, superintendents, caregivers and learners. Use this knowledge to tailor marketing strategies that resonate with the target audience.
- Content Development: Guide the creation of high-quality sales content, including case studies, white papers, and presentations that effectively communicates the value proposition and benefits of our point solution offerings.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, market research, user research, brand design and product design, to ensure alignment and collaboration on product marketing initiatives.
- Partnership Enablement: Equip strategic and channel partners with the necessary tools and resources to effectively position our product offerings, including product collateral, training materials, and competitive analysis.
- Performance Tracking: Define key performance metrics and track the effectiveness of product marketing initiatives. Use data-driven insights to continuously optimize strategies and drive improvements.
- Customer Success: Support our sales and customer success teams. Identify and deliver assets, programs, campaigns to accelerate our acquisition, including webinars and pre-recorded demos. Prepare and drive case studies as sales enablement material, drive partnership opportunities and support customer relationships.
What You'll Bring
- 15+ years leading several GTM disciplines, including product marketing, sales and customer success/support.
- 10+ years of direct people leadership experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Exhibits a depth of understanding of the state, local, education (SLED) market, K-12 district and school decision makers, budget and buying cycle, and procedures for the selection and implementation of technology-based curriculum and tools.
- Experience with sales-led go to market and enterprise selling.
- Must be a strategic thinker who can execute.
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- Willingness to meet regularly and directly with customers and model consultative selling techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Data-driven mindset, with the ability to analyze and interpret performance metrics to make informed decisions
- A personal belief in the mission of the ed tech company, and a passion for using technology to transform education and improve learning outcomes for students.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and point of view, with an ability to focus on user value and change as you learn from our users and partners
- Energizing presentation and communication skills, including communication to customers and partners
- Excellent ability to collaborate closely with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ideas
The Redwood City, CA base pay range for this role is 225,000 - 338,000. New hires are typically hired into the lower portion of the range, enabling employee growth in the range over time. Actual placement in range is based on job-related skills and experience, as evaluated throughout the interview process. Pay ranges outside Redwood City are adjusted based on cost of labor in each respective geographical market. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Onsite work mode is site-based in our office at our HQ in Redwood City, CA.
Flex work mode is open to a hybrid approach, but not open to be fully remote.
Remote work mode is eligible for all three modes (Remote, Flex, or Onsite) available to you at CZI.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was founded in 2015 to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease and improving education, to addressing the needs of our local communities. Our mission is to build a more inclusive, just, and healthy future for everyone.
CZI is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. If you’re interested in this role but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with each qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply as you may be the perfect fit for this or another role!