Senior Analyst, Investment Operations
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
We’re on an ambitious mission to solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease to improving education and addressing the needs of our local communities. Join us to build a better future for everyone!
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is seeking to recruit an Investment Operations Senior Analyst who will be a critical member of the investments team, based in Redwood City, CA. The Investment Operations Senior Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the investment book of record to support the execution of a multi-asset class investment portfolio. The investment function pursues a "manager-of-managers" approach, working with funds across a wide spectrum of investment styles and strategies. The ideal candidate will have a long-term strategic approach, while also possessing a proactive, entrepreneurial attitude, and be willing to roll-up their sleeves to support the investments team. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Investment Operations. A commitment and passion for philanthropy and CZI’s mission will also be a key consideration.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for daily and weekly investment processes.
- Partner closely with the custodian on daily investment activities.
- Complete investment operations projects and analysis.
- Enter and record entries into the investment book of record and research management system.
- Monitor key controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting of portfolio information to the investment team on a daily basis.
- Have responsibility for the daily reconciliation of custodian accounts, verification of trades settlement and cash balances. Assist operations team to resolve open issues.
- Identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experience with investment performance systems preferred and comfort with adapting new systems.
What You'll Bring
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in a relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree required and CPA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of investment and portfolio accounting
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Exposure to traditional and alternative asset classes preferred
- Experience with investment systems preferred and comfort with adapting new systems
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong personal characteristics of initiative, integrity and creativity
- Extraordinary customer service and partnering skills
- Strong communication skills with high emotional intelligence
- Team Orientation and strong interest in CZI’s mission
The Redwood City, CA base pay range for this role is [$99,000 - $149,000]. New hires are typically hired into the lower portion of the range, enabling employee growth in the range over time. Actual placement in range is based on job-related skills and experience, as evaluated throughout the interview process. Pay ranges outside Redwood City are adjusted based on cost of labor in each respective geographical market. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Onsite work mode is site-based in our office at our HQ in Redwood City, CA.
Flex work mode is open to a hybrid approach, but not open to be fully remote.
Remote work mode is eligible for all three modes (Remote, Flex, or Onsite) available to you at CZI.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was founded in 2015 to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease and improving education, to addressing the needs of our local communities. Our mission is to build a more inclusive, just, and healthy future for everyone.
CZI is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. If you’re interested in this role but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with each qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply as you may be the perfect fit for this or another role!