Climate Power - Senior Advisor, Oil & Gas Campaigns
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2023
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a Senior Advisor to direct the organization’s oil and gas accountability activities and shine the brightest spotlight we can on the predatory practices of oil and gas companies, their profits, and the compensation of their CEOs. The senior advisor will work across the organization and with key partners to build a war room-like operation that uses hard-hitting earned and paid media, actionable research, and daily targeted political campaign tactics to expose fossil fuel CEOs’ lies and disinformation.
- Work with senior leadership, staff and consultants to build and execute Climate Power’s strategies to block efforts to dismantle climate progress
- Work across Climate Power teams to drive earned and paid media campaigns to hold oil and gas allies accountable.
- Direct and drive daily rapid response to expose fossil fuel CEOs’ lies and disinformation, including by coordinating internally at Climate Power to produce daily research, communications, digital and creative content.
- Lead Climate Power’s engagement with key partners on oil and gas accountability work.
- Represent Climate Power in external meetings, public events, and calls with donors.
- Conduct daily outreach to partners, reporters, surrogates, Hill staff and others.
- Serve as an “on the record” spokesperson for Climate Power as needed.
- Coordinate with Climate Power’s surrogates, influencers, and political staff to arm communicators with content, messaging, and polling to push back against attacks.
- Assist with the planning and execution of earned media events and actions.
- Write and edit external communications, including talking points, scripts, press releases, memos, op-eds and more.
- Coordinate opposition research initiatives with Climate Power’s research team and key partners.
- Develop monitoring program for local and national press for relevant stories, developments, and rapid response opportunities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10 years of political experience, including issue advocacy experience.
- 5 years of people and/or project management experience; expertise in leading departments and diverse teams and managing complex projects.
- Experience leading work with partners and allied organizations and coalitions across the progressive community; experience working with climate and environmental groups required.
- Experience working with high profile stakeholders, including managing meetings and agendas, and owning day-to-day interactions.
- Ability to build consensus and resolve conflicts.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic campaign and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours in high-pressure situations.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, student loan repayment assistance, and generous paid time off.
Climate Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
See more open positions at Climate Power
Something looks off?