Climate Power - States Desk
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 8, 2023
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power has an immediate opening for a States Desk to manage the campaign work in either Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, or Arizona, both Tier 1 states for Climate Power - states where Climate Power seeks to drive the narrative on how the Inflation Reduction Act and the clean energy boom are benefiting residents.
We are hiring to fill 2 spots for this role.
- Oversees all Climate Power activities in their Tier 1 state.
- Coordinates all partners working on Inflation Reduction Act implementation communications, coordinates state communications consultant, and ensures national communications resources are deployed effectively with state needs in mind.
- Responsible for reaching our Climate Power goals in that state and proactively works to do what is needed at the state level.
- Serves as the main point for electeds and manages State Advisory Board.
- Identifies storytellers, manages in-state events on clean energy, and supports partners' events, including admin events.
- Distributes resources with all relevant partners and talkers, including message guidance and polling.
- Works with partners in-state to amplify aligned work and provide resources.
- Helps identify needs for additional resources/activities to report back to funders.
- Travels to states as needed to support in-state events and meet with partners
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7 years of relevant professional experience in campaign or project management in a electoral, nonprofit, or issue advocacy setting;
- 3 years of people and/or project management experience;
- Collaborative leader; Must be able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong people skills and exceptional team player
- Effective communicator—both written and oral Takes initiative, is creative and resourceful.
- Willingness to stay up to date on best practices and trends relative to the work and projects in their purview.
- Interest in climate justice is a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
Climate Power offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) plan, student loan repayment assistance, and generous paid time off.
Climate Power is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.