Climate Power - Executive Assistant
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
The Executive Assistant supports the efficient running of the organization by providing direct support to the Climate Power Executive Director and Chief of Staff Office.
The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director by managing her schedule/travel, ensuring her time is optimized effectively, and filtering incoming information. This position calls for someone who is highly organized and detail-oriented with extraordinary communication skills and strategic thinking ability on whom Climate Power’s Executive Director can rely. The ideal candidate is looking for a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Staff Tier & Description
Tier Description: Work independently and manage work priorities with little guidance from manager; Project management cross teams and with external stakeholders; Requires independent decision-making and substantial experience in the work or issue area. May manage a program or campaign & manage daily workflow; Positions lead work in an area of specialization and require some expertise in the relevant area. First level management.
Location & Hours of Operations
Climate Power is a remote-first organization based in DC, but preference will be given to candidates who are located in Washington, DC, or New York City.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., but must be able to work Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
- Manage the Executive Director’s daily schedule; schedule meetings, monitor scheduling correspondence, and foresee and organize necessary logistics and materials.
- Draft and/or edit invitations, letters, correspondence, and other documents.
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate written records of meetings, action items, and electronic files.
- Distill information accurately to relevant team members coming out of meetings. Work across teams to share do outs and next steps.
- Anticipate problems, elevate issues that require attention, and exhibit sensitivity to issues that require diplomacy.
- Review for accuracy and process timesheets, contracts, and other administrative forms.
- Submit expense reports on a timely and accurate basis.
- Professionally represent Climate Power in meetings and correspondence with a high degree of professionalism.
- Regularly exercise good independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance to Climate Power.
- Manages and coordinates logistics for the board and SLT meetings and intensives.
- Climate Power is composed of three entities, with related boards, this role will also provide logistics and document management support to the boards as follows:
- Coordinates logistics for board and committee meetings, including creation of agenda, delegation of meeting roles/responsibilities, and organization of meeting minutes and other relevant documents.
- Manages the Board and Board Committee calendars.
- Maintains up to date contact information for all Board members and related consultants or partners.
- Works with Boards’ Executive Committee to:
- Review and maintain by-laws, handbooks, and other governance documents.
- Provide quarterly report (or other interval TBD) that detail organizational progress.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed and organizational capacity dictate.
- At least five years of relevant prior work experience in scheduling and principal management.
- Ability to distill key points from meetings and conversations.
- Experience working with highly sensitive data and discretion.
- Strong strategic and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities.
- Willingness to stay up to date on best practices and trends relative to the work and projects in their purview.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
If you do not meet all of the requirements and believe you are good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential qualifications.
Our Values: We are...
Our Norms: We work to..
- Set everyone up for success
- Treat all team members with respect.
- Seek, accept, and provide feedback consistently.
- Trust our/your teammates
- Step up, Step back
- Take care of each other.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances
- 100% paid for employee
- 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend, for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
This list is not exhaustive. Learn more about us here.
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until position filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by February 29, 2024.
Our interview process will involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process, will be invited to complete a skills assessment activity (for which they will receive compensation) and will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email email@example.com.