Climate Power - Operations Associate
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
About Climate Power
Climate Power is an independent strategic communications and paid media operation focused on building the political will and public support for bold climate action. Founded by the Center for American Progress Action Fund, League of Conservation Voters, and Sierra Club, Climate Power integrates hard-hitting research, polling, state and national earned media, digital and paid media to influence the national conversation, embolden leaders to take immediate, bold climate action, and expose climate deniers and their oil and gas lobby allies.
About This Role
Climate Power is looking for an Operations Associate to support the general operations of a dynamic, growing, hybrid non-profit, and the in-person coordination of its Washington, DC office. This position is based in DC and requires a regular in-office schedule.
The Operations Associate will work closely with the Operations team and report to the Operations Manager.
Areas of responsibility include day-to-day office management tasks such as providing office staffing coverage and coordinating IT, supply, and shipping needs; administrative work for the Operations team; contributing to a positive, upbeat office culture.
Staff Tier & Description
Tier Description: Entry level positions, where employees spend a substantial portion of time on administrative tasks; Daily guidance on priorities from supervisor; more substantive work may be assigned depending on team needs and employee abilities; Requires a general knowledge base.
Location & Hours of Operations
Although Climate Power is a remote-first organization, this position requires that the employee must be able to work regularly (typically 3 - 4 days a week, but up to 5 days depending upon organizational need) in the Washington, DC office.
Climate Power offices are open from Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm EST, plus weekends and evenings as the work dictates.
In all things, maintain confidentiality, standards of ethics, and personal accountability.
- Office Management: Keep the DC office functional including managing office staffing coverage, supplies, conference room reservations, virtual meeting/conference room technology, mail and packages, and guest entry. For larger events/gatherings in the office, manage the conference room technology, meals, and other event logistics. Remotely assist with operations for the NYC office.
- Finance & Accounting: Assisting the Operations Manager with reconciling credit card charges and receipts on a monthly basis; purchasing; employee time tracking.
- Administrative Duties: Act as a point of contact for operational requests; guide staff and send reminders when necessary; facilitate meetings; document operational procedures and meetings.
- Organization-wide Software Management: Assist in ongoing research, support, and usage of technology or software tools; assist with the adoption, implementation, and management of necessary technologies. Serve as a resource and point person on the features and effective use of the technological tools and other software we use such as Google Workspace, Asana, Slack, TravelPerk, Expensify, and Zoom.
- People & Culture: Assist the People & Culture team; including in the facilitation of onboarding sessions for new hires; train new hires on software tools.
- Respond timely to a high volume of emails and direct messages.
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties for the Operations team.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as need and capacity dictate.
- 1 year of relevant prior work experience in operations, campaigns, or administrative.
- Works effectively with diverse groups of people, communities, and partners.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities.
- Strong communications skills as demonstrated by effective and timely communications with colleagues, and externally.
- Experience staffing an in-person office.
- Proficiency in technology including Slack, Google Workplace, Sheets, and Docs.
- If you do not meet all of the requirements and believe you are good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply, but be sure to uplift all experience that aligns with both our essential qualifications.
- Experience in dynamic and values based workplaces, such as non-profit, campaign, government, or start-up.
- Commitment to educating colleagues and fostering adoption of new technologies.
- Interest in climate justice.
Our Values: We are..
Our Norms: We work to..
- Set everyone up for success
- Treat all team members with respect.
- Seek, accept, and provide feedback consistently.
- Trust our/your teammates
- Step up, Step back
- Take care of each other.
- Climate Power offers a competitive compensation package including experienced based salary (please ensure that all relevant experience is included on your resume) and comprehensive benefits, including the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% paid for employee
- 50% for their dependents
- Unlimited Paid Time off, including every other Friday and extended summer, fall, and winter breaks
- 401(k) with 5% match
- Education Assistance, including student loan repayment program
- Sabbatical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly Tech Allowance
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Work From Home Stipend for home office furniture
- Employee Wellness & Treat Yourself Funds
Our Hiring Timeline and Process
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until the position is filled (posting will remain up until position filled).
An ideal start date would be before or by February 29, 2024.
Our interview process will generally involve 3 rounds of interviews, ranging in length from 30-60 minutes. All interviews will be conducted via Google Meets or Zoom. Successful candidates that move forward in the hiring process will undergo a vetting process, including reference and background check to ensure cultural and political alignment.
Climate Power is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Additionally, Climate Power is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Climate Power will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the interview and hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.