COURIER Newsroom is hiring a Stewardships Manager to help coordinate fundraising activity, write internal and external communications and conduct research on prospective donors.
The Stewardships Manager will be a critical member of the Major Donor fundraising team and report to the Development Director. This position will be responsible for supporting the department’s daily work, as well as helping shepherd short and long term projects within the department. This is a manager-level position. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in development work and donor relations and will have strong written and communication skills. Most importantly they must share a passion for COURIER’s mission of protecting and strengthening our democracy through credible, fact-based journalism.
- Conducting research on existing and future major donor prospects
- Reaching out to prospects and coordinating calls, meetings and travel
- Writing copy for mass mailings, outreach and other stakeholder communications
- Gathering information for proposals, donor reports, and newsletters
- Writing meeting and event briefs
- Writing philanthropic proposals and reports
- Creating powerpoint presentations for meetings and reports
- Coordinating and planning cultivation and fundraising events
- Overseeing donor stewardship, cultivation, and maintenance activities
- Daily maintenance and updating the CRM
Relevant skills include:
- 1-3 years in development, major donor or equivalent experience.
- Experience in researching prospective donors, and working with fundraising partners is a plus.
- Experience organizing and executing fundraising events is a plus.
- Experience maintaining a CRM donor database and entering/processing contribution information is a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience writing externally-facing written communications.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with exceptional follow-through on tasks, goals and deadlines.