Social Media Manager- New Hampshire
Who We Are
At Courier Newsroom, we empower individuals and communities through local reporting that helps people understand and affect the issues impacting their lives. We believe that by investing in the work of local journalists across the country we can positively impact civic participation and build a healthier democracy from the ground up. Through original reporting and human-focused storytelling, we highlight the issues and forces that shape our lives while calling attention to the impacts of policy-making and political action at the local level. We are a rapidly growing team with new ideas on how to change the landscape of this world.
Courier Newsroom is presently looking to fill the position of Social Media Manager for our New Hampshire publication This position reports to the Head of Social/Deputy Social Editor.
This is a fully remote team that mainly works on EST hours. Remote candidates based in the U.S. are welcome to apply as long as they are able to maintain E.S.T. business hours.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the duties outlined below.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for publishing content across all social media accounts for specific property
- Responsible for overall voice and tone consistency across all social platforms
- Responsible for creating and publishing growth content across all social media
- Regular collaboration with Civic Impact and Community teams for ongoing projects, performance and best practices
- Be the first line of digital reporting and sourcing as news breaks and the primary developer of audiences across social media
- Develop and build overall social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement framework with a heavy focus on Instagram, FB and TikTok
- Drive traffic to the newsletter with engaging, timely, and informative posts on social while collaborating directly with other departments
- Inform the editorial team on trends and how to best optimize packaging to maximize engagement
- Conceive smart, effective, and creative ideas designed for social distribution; including working to build partnerships with influencers and other publishers
- Create social-first content that take the brand into new audience segments and bring our point of view to a mainstream audience, as well as niche communities.
- Edit and A/B test story packaging to maximize engagement on all stories
- Schedule content made in-house and by outside creators
- Manage communications with reporters/editors to create social-specific promotions of their stories
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 4+ years of professional working experience in the media industry
- Proficiency in English
- At least 2-3 years of recent, hands-on experience creating content for a social channel/channels for diverse audiences, generating and creating social-first stories for a media outlet
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of content creation protocols, social trends and best practices for Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Strong understanding of how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- Must have experience using social media analytics tools and a deep understanding of engagement metrics and audience growth strategies
- Ability to independently make decisions and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Interest or prior experience in a fast-growth startup environment
- Interest and/or relevant experience in journalism or the news industry
Courier Newsroom offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), 11 paid holidays a year
- Full suite of health benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
Salary: $52,000-65,000 Annually
Courier Newsroom is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, those with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly urged to apply. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions.