Young People Organizing Manager
Dayenu: A Jewish Call to Climate Action
Dayenu: A Jewish Call to Climate Action seeks an Organizing Manager to help build a spiritually rooted Jewish climate movement.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic young organization that is mobilizing the American Jewish community to confront the climate crisis with spiritual audacity and bold political action.
This role will lead Dayenu’s young people organizing programs and strategy, develop and support the Young People Organizer, and directly organize, train, and support young people ages 18-32 in the Jewish climate movement.
Location: Flexible; NYC-area preferred
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting Structure: The position reports to the Director of Organizing and supervises the Young People Organizer.
To apply, go to: d.aye.nu/apply
Applications Due: May 1, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: June 26, 2023
- Develop, grow, and lead Dayenu’s Young People organizing strategy and programs.
- Manage a small, talented Young People organizing team, including the Young People Organizer and potentially others.
- Build and cultivate relationships with Jewish, multi-faith, and secular youth organizations and movements.
- Grow Dayenu’s base among 18-32-year-olds, and support and develop Dayenu Circles led by and for young people across the country, including on university campuses.
- Recruit, develop relationships with, and coach Dayenu Circle leaders directly as well as facilitate structures of support and data systems.
- Lead trainings to build the skill and capacity of young people.
- Contribute to campaign planning, communications, and fundraising efforts.
- 2-5 years professional experience organizing young adults and/or college students from a range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Minimum 1 year staff management experience.
- Minimum 1 year national program management experience or equivalent with a track record of designing, implementing, and driving strategy.
- Experience managing relationships with partner organizations.
- A track record of working effectively with people across lines of difference and a demonstrated commitment to anti-racist practice.
- Strong listening and interpersonal communication skills including in person and over phone, video, email, and text communication
- Strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to delivering strategic and high quality work with integrity and good judgment
- Passionate about Dayenu’s mission and committed to growing a Jewish climate movement
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends; ability to travel regularly to conduct site visits, lead in-person trainings, and attend conferences and retreats
- Experience working in/with the Jewish community and/or experience working on, or familiarity with, climate or climate justice movements preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $72,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package, including vacation and sick days, national and Jewish holidays off, family leave, healthcare, professional development, a generous office/home office subsidy, and more. This role requires full status to work in the United States and willingness to provide employment verification as required.
Dayenu is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to racial equity and accessibility. Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA people are strongly encouraged to apply. Dayenu does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, sex, age, gender identity or expression, or other status protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?