North Carolina Democratic Leadership Committee: Research Tracker
Democratic Governors Association (DGA)
North Carolina, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
The NCDLC is seeking a Research Tracker based in Raleigh to join the campaign through the 2024 election. The Research Tracker is a key member of the research team, monitoring opponents on a day-to-day basis and reporting out. The Research Tracker will be responsible for staying up to date on the activities of opponents while cultivating opportunities to drive the campaign narrative.
We are looking for someone with strong organizational skills, attention to detail, who is a responsive, passionate and determined worker with a creative approach to identifying research opportunities, and who has experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires accurate work on tight deadlines. The Research Tracker will work closely with members of the research and communications teams. We are looking for candidates who are excited about campaigns and looking to grow their research skills.
Responsibilities: The Research Tracker will be responsible for comprehensively tracking opponents’ schedules and finding opportunities to record opponents, get them on the record, and hold them accountable. The Research Tracker will transcribe and comprehensively report out events and activities to the campaign team and assist with other duties as assigned such as opposition research, rapid response, and paid media tracking.
- Interest and passion for politics, campaign experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage up while prioritizing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while being proactive and communicative with other staff
- A desire to hone research and political skills in a dynamic, active department
- Discretion and sound judgment when dealing with sensitive information
- Research and confirm details for tracking opportunities; provide recorded footage and audio of public events
- Provide same-day footage and memos with key activity highlighted
- The Research Tracker is a self-starter who can proactively solve problems and provide a high level of precision and detail in their work
- The Research Tracker will maintain relationships with key stakeholders to achieve program goals
The ideal candidate will have
- A current driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle and cell phone
- Availability to work some weeknights and weekends as needed
Salary & Benefits: The salary and benefits for this position are competitive and commensurate with experience. The pay range is $4,000 a month.
Employees receive graduated vacation based on years of service, beginning at 10 days of paid vacation for new employees. Employees also receive paid holidays, paid sick leave, and various other forms of paid leave.
Benefits: In consideration of healthcare costs, the position will receive a $550 per month taxable stipend, which may be used to obtain health insurance.
Application and Interview Procedure: To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample (your discretion) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please only list the words “Research Tracker” in the subject line. Applications improperly submitted will not be accepted. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
The North Carolina Democratic Leadership Committee is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.