Digital Fundraising Assistant
Democratic Governors Association (DGA)
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the role of Digital Fundraising Assistant within the Digital Department for the 2023 - 2024 election cycle. The position will report to the Digital Fundraising Director.
The Digital Department is responsible for the DGA grassroots fundraising program, creating digital content in support of Democratic Governors and Democratic gubernatorial campaigns, and coordinates with campaigns to enhance their digital communications while also providing support to other departments within DGA.
The salary for this position is $50,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities and have the appropriate skill sets at the entry-level are encouraged to apply.
- Help execute the DGA grassroots fundraising program by means of email, text messaging, direct mail, telemarketing, and other channels;
- Manage grassroots donor relationships for online, telemarketing, and direct mail programs;
- Produce, checklist, and send email copy in our CRM, ensuring they are accurate and segmented correctly;
- Monitor digital communications of Democratic governors, candidates, and their Republican opponents;
- Assist with administrative functions for the DGA digital team, such as scheduling meetings, maintaining agendas, filing and updating reports, and managing interdepartmental projects;
- Assist in assigning tasks and managing DGA intern workflow on digital projects;
- Support other special projects, assignments and tasks in collaboration with DGA leadership and other DGA departments.
- Enthusiasm for using the internet and other online tools to reach people, meet our goals, and elect Democratic governors;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors;
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines that may include work on nights and weekends during peak election seasons;
- Demonstrated interest in politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors.
A Plus If You Have Any of the Below
- Experience writing for direct response, including email, ad writing, or social media platforms;
- Experience with ActBlue, basic HTML, and a CRM such as Blue State Digital, NGP, or Acoustic.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and staff are currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.