Major Donor Assistant
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Major Donor Assistant for the 2023-2024 election cycle. The Major Donor Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the Major Donor fundraising team through administrative tasks, fundraising research, and managing projects like drafting call sheets and briefings. This position will directly report to the Major Donor Director and collaborate with the Deputy Major Donor Director and is a unique opportunity to gain significant experience in all aspects of political fundraising by supporting the DGA’s Major Donor and Membership programs.
The salary for this position is $50,000 annually before benefits and applicable withholdings. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities at the entry level are encouraged to apply. Please provide a resume and a brief explanation of your interest in this position, and any additional information you’d like to share.
The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Prepare briefing materials for major donor meetings and events, as needed;
- Manage ongoing donor research projects including prospecting potential donors and current donors;
- Maintain major donor database;
- Manage the tasks related to call time preparation for governors;
- Create newsletters, oversee donor correspondence and messaging;
- Manage the Major Donor Thank You Program;
- Collaborate with the Events and Policy Assistant to interview, select, and manage DGA finance interns and oversee their projects;
- Other special projects, assignments, and duties as assigned by the Major Donor Director.
- A strong commitment to social justice and Democratic principles;
- Some campaign or fundraising experience;
- Extraordinary attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with internet research;
- Willingness to work long hours and travel frequently, including occasional weekends;
- A strong capacity to work both independently and collaboratively under tight deadlines;
- Familiarity with NGP is preferred but not required.
The DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position.
The DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and applicants will need to relocate to the Washington, DC area. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
This position comes with 100% employer-paid health care for employee + spouse/partner + dependents, up to 4% 401(k) matching program, employer paid phone bill and other employee benefits.
See more open positions at Democratic Governors
Something looks off?