Finance Events Associate
Democratic National Committee
Administration, Accounting & Finance
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
The Finance Events Associate supports the Finance Events Team (including the Events Director and Events Deputy Director) in executing both virtual and in-person major donor fundraising events.
The Finance Events Associate works closely with the Finance Events Team to manage flagship annual finance team events (including conferences, galas, and retreats), regional fundraisers, and other Democratic principal engagements. The Finance Events Associate is responsible for researching and identifying appropriate external vendors based on DNC standards and region-specific requirements. The Finance Events Associate is also responsible for submitting vendor contracts, tracking event budgets and expenses, processing invoices, and other duties as assigned. The Finance Events Associate works closely with the Events Director and Deputy Director to manage event processes and timelines.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have one to three years of related experience. Experience in political advance is preferred, but not required.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage logistical elements and project timelines for Finance events
- Research, identify, and facilitate the vetting and onboarding process for external vendors and venues
- Maintain vendor database and event budgets
- Execute Zoom meetings and provide on-site support for in-person events
- Work with principal staff, advance, and security to identify speaker-specific event requirements
- Coordinate with internal DNC departments on behalf of the Finance Events team
- Manage event supplies, pre-event email communications, and guest lists
- Support the Events Director with administrative and research tasks
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in fundraising, event planning, or travel logistics required
- Experience in political advance preferred but not required
- Ability to think critically and consider the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience negotiating with external partners
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Some travel required
- Some evening and weekend work required
Salary: The starting salary for the Finance Events Associate position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
Travel: The Finance Events Associate role requires travel up to 30% of the time.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.