Digital Ads Strategist
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2023
The mission of the Mobilization department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact down-ballot races and fight for the Biden-Harris agenda every step of the way.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting people more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
Position Summary: The DNC is looking to hire a Digital Ads Strategist to support one of the largest and most active grassroots mobilization programs in politics. You’ll be responsible for brainstorming, developing, buying, optimizing, and reporting on ads campaigns with ambitious fundraising and mobilization goals. You will work closely with the rest of the digital ads team to raise money, grow our supporter base, and persuade and mobilize voters. **We’re seeking motivated candidates eager to start a career in politics/digital strategy. We are open to hiring and training a strong entry-level applicant/2023 graduate for this role.**
What You'll Do:
- Write ad copy and scripts, and work with the design and video teams to produce compelling graphics and videos that inspire donors and voters to action;
- Become an expert on ad buying and optimizing across all digital platforms: traffic ads, analyze data in real-time, and make daily changes to ensure strong performance;
- Move ad content smoothly through approvals processes;
- Target, grow, and reactivate some of the largest audiences in politics in partnership with email and data/analytics colleagues;
- Compile detailed reports to drive future strategy and inform stakeholders;
- Innovate how to best reach and mobilize our supporters online and tell a story about the work of the DNC that is coherent and integrated across all channels; and,
- Collaborate with colleagues within the Mobilization department and across the DNC to execute partnership ad programs.
- Excellent writer and proofreader who understands how to inspire people to take action;
- Analytical thinker who can make data-informed decisions;
- Adaptive go-getter: you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all;
- Curious and quick learner who takes initiative - you seek out opportunities to improve existing systems and embrace new technologies and platforms; and,
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area.
Bonus Points Given for Experience With:
- Digital media or online fundraising, AND/OR experience working for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit organization;
- Tailoring messaging to various audiences in order to achieve distinct goals; and,
- Using Excel/Google Sheets to track, analyze, and report on data.
The starting salary for the Digital Advertising Strategist position is $48,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for overtime wages and is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?