Financial Operations Associate
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2023
The Financial Operations Associate reports to the Controller and is responsible for supporting the DNC’s Financial Operations team (Budget & Accounting) with transaction and process management. Specific functions will primarily include supporting our payment processes and assisting with budget reconciliation.
This role will be responsible for supporting a range of Financial Operations functions, with a primary focus on Accounting. Specific responsibilities will evolve over time depending on the particular point in the election cycle, but will include:
Supporting and improving our payment processes: The Associate will help ensure timely payment of all bills, with a detailed focus on data accuracy and a keen eye on areas for potential improvement. This includes our accounts payable processes (e.g., ensuring payment requests align with contracts; proper coding for data tracking in our accounting system; setting up new vendors), payroll (e.g., work with HR team to ensure the accuracy of bi-monthly disbursements), and credit card reconciliations (e.g., prepare monthly statements; ensure appropriate back-up documentation). All of this requires a deep understanding of our accounting data - and we’re always looking to streamline processes and find ways to better ensure accuracy while staying efficient.
Budget reconciliation and management: The Associate will assist in reconciling our budget against actuals. This will require digging into details on each invoice and linking them to a knowledge of departmental budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or another analytical discipline (e.g., Engineering) or equivalent experience; and,
- General knowledge of accounting and budget principles/procedures.
Don’t have these qualifications, but still interested? Please apply! We welcome applicants with the following skills:
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to work cohesively with other staff members;
- Strong time management skills;
- Dedication to confidentiality and discretion;
- Ability to communicate concisely across multiple media;
- Strong experience with Google Sheets (or Excel); and,
- Experience with Sage Intacct and automated accounts payable software preferred.
The starting salary for the Financial Operations Associate position is $48,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for overtime wages and is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?