Deputy MidAtlantic Finance Director
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
The Deputy MidAtlantic Finance Director reports to the MidAtlantic Finance Director and assist with the MidAtlantic region of the United States. The MidAtlantic region consists of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
The Deputy MidAtlantic Finance Director works closely with the MidAtlantic Finance Director in creating and implementing a region-specific finance plan and supporting the execution of principle and surrogate travel and fundraising events in the MidAtlantic. The Deputy MidAtlantic Finance Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating and maintaining relationships with the top donors in the MidAtlantic region.
Applicant must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills and have some political campaign experience. Experience in the MidAtlantic is strongly preferred.
- Providing support for the execution of principal and surrogate travel in the MidAtlantic region including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos
- Assisting in the execution of fundraising events in the MidAtlantic region
- Assisting the MidAtlantic Finance Director in maintaining MidAtlantic donor relationships
- Performing research to identify prospective new major donors and raisers and working to re-engage lapsed donors
- Creating and managing a tracking system for all MidAtlantic donors
- Creating and managing a MidAtlantic finance email program to keep major donors in the MidAtlantic informed and engaged
- Travel and staff surrogates at DNC meetings and events as needed
- Providing support to the MidAtlantic Finance Director as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or relevant work experience
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of NGP database preferred
- Experience working on campaign or political committee fundraising teams for 1-2 cycles preferred
- Experience working in MidAtlantic Region preferred
The starting salary for the Deputy MidAtlantic Finance Director position is $60,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is represented by SEIU Local-500 and has an end date of November 15, 2024.
This position requires up to 30% travel both in the Washington, D.C. area and across the country to attend and support meetings and events.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?