Democratic National Committee
People & HR
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Job Summary: Proactive and dynamic human resources professional sought as a key member of the Human Resources team. A successful incumbent works with operational effectiveness and discretion to address humanresources matters, special projects, compliance, and data analytics. The HR Specialist will perform professional level duties in the following functional areas: employee relations, compliance, data analysis, and benefits administration. This position collaborates closely with IT, Security, Operations, and other DNC departments.
- Strives to ensure timely and excellent customer service to staff members
- Supports the onboarding process from inception to fulfillment, including but not limited to requirements gathering, skill assessment, status updates, and follow up
- Support new hire integration, host orientation programs, and process new hire paperwork
- Coordinate administrative communications for arrivals, departures, office transfers and other employee status changes
- Responsible for completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9's
- Conducts audits as needed and/or directed in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Maintain and manage job descriptions
- Responsible for development and evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department actions in relation to established goals.
- Assist HR with employee/personnel projects and establish various reports and documents to provide current personnel information
- Manages maintaining Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed
- Assists with administration and communicates health and benefit plans including enrollments, changes and terminations
- Processes required documents through insurance and benefits
- Ensures accurate and detailed record keeping
- Reconciles benefits statements Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Prepares presentations and slides as necessary
- Provide general support for various human resources initiatives as required
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements and SKills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly learn systems, processes, procedures
- Strong ability to assess a candidate's skills and interest to provide insight and advice to managers during the interviewing and selection process
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build partnerships with staff
- Dedication to discretion and confidentialityExcellent analytical and research skills
- Able to multi-task, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Sound judgment, enthusiasm, can-do attitude, diplomacy, with the ability to be proactive
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- HR or Political Campaign experience preferred
- Experience with Zendesk, Monday.com, and UKG preferred
- Knowledge of employment laws preferred
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?