Email and SMS Strategist
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
The mission of the Mobilization Team at the Democratic National Committee is to bring ordinary people into the heart of the DNC and provide Americans with encouragement, power, and tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact down-ballot races and fight for the Biden-Harris agenda every step of the way.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to spreading the truth, getting people more deeply involved, and mobilizing grassroots donors to support the party through creative, relentlessly optimized experiences online and offline. Come join us.
Email & SMS Strategist
The Democratic National Committee is looking to hire an email and SMS strategist to help run one of the largest and most active grassroots mobilization programs in politics. You will be responsible for writing and executing grassroots campaigns using fundraising and mobilization tactics to achieve our ambitious goals, including raising tens of millions of dollars in grassroots donations from as many Americans as possible.
To succeed, you’ll need to relentlessly pursue excellence in all written communications.
What you'll do:
- Write direct response and grassroots fundraising copy to reach supporters through email and SMS.
- Produce email and SMS campaigns to be sent to grassroots supporters, focusing on accuracy in copy and targeting;
- Innovate and implement advanced personalization and targeting, while ensuring the highest standard of quality;
- Propose ideas for testing, optimization, and reactivation campaigns; and,
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timelines, with coordination across our design and data teams.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors and have a deep understanding of how to inspire people to take action using the written word.
- You’re flexible and adaptive; rapid response situations don’t phase you, you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all.
- You must be in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
- Working with an email or direct marketing program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with online organizing platforms and/or website CMS, CRM, and/or mass email or SMS systems (e.g. Action Network, ActionKit, EveryAction, Mobile Commons, Tatango).
The starting salary for the Email and SMS Strategist position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is eligible for overtime wages and is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU local-500. This is an HQ based position with an end date of November 15, 2024.
This position requires up to 5% travel both in the Washington, D.C. area and across the country to attend and support meetings and events.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.